Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
My New Toy!!! >

My New Toy!!!

Notices

My New Toy!!!

Old 11-18-2009, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang that Cig looks brand new....Congrats!

I gotta get a good deal like that
I guess I need to find someone to
buy or trade my Pantera to.....LOL
Old 11-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Very nice boat, do you know what top speed is? Good Luck!
Thanks Everyone! Yes, it is a head turner for sure! I literally had someone exit off the highway when I was towing home so they could catch me at a light and compliment me on it. And several other folks going out of their way to swing over to say something as well. I feel a little guilty since Jeff did all the work.

As for the speed, on the test drive, Jeff had it to 75 in Galveston Bay. I took it out Sunday and saw 72, but that was with both tanks full, five people aboard and dead calm water. And my second time driving it.

It was turning 5200 rpm, with some throttle left to go, so we are thinking about making a couple of runs with some 28 props instead of the current 26's to see what that does.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Nice ride, welcome to the family of 1 !

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
Don't get an Automatic Dodge Dually. I had a 2000 automatic Dodge Dually 4x4, and I went through 4 transmissions in one summer pulling my 1994 Cig TOP GUN. I purchased a 2007 4x4 Dodge Dually Mega Cab, Manual Tranmissision and I have not had one problem since 2007. Too bad it cost me $42000 for the truck. I could have bought Arneson drives or something.
Do some research. A upgraded valve body and torque converter is all that automatic transmission Dodges need. You could have spent $1000 dollars on your 2000 and would have been fine. You would have been $41,000 ahead.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Jamie they had a huge problem with the filtration and also low line pressure when they shifted with a load on them they slipped the clutched and prematuraly wore the clutches. Due to that and the poor filtering, got into the converter and valve body and boom there goes that trans.
-Mike
Old 11-19-2009, 10:01 AM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Jamie they had a huge problem with the filtration and also low line pressure when they shifted with a load on them they slipped the clutched and prematuraly wore the clutches. Due to that and the poor filtering, got into the converter and valve body and boom there goes that trans.
-Mike
Mike,

havent seen anything about the poor filtering you mention, but yep an upgraded valve body increases the line pressure and an upgraded TC has more and better plates/disc's. Problem solved. I've had 3 Cummins trucks so far with these upgrades ( and an added capacity trans pan ) and no problems whatsoever, all towing heavy.

Sorry for off topic boys !
Old 11-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie B.

Sorry for off topic boys !
No worries! I brought up needing a bigger truck, so its all good.

CignificantOther - Yes, a WAY different ride than the 25'. Not that the Formula has a bad ride, but it just doesn't compare to the Cigarette, without or without the extra 10'.

All I can say is I've had nothing but a grin on my face every since I picked this thing up.