extension box on 20 Cig? >

extension box on 20 Cig?

Notices

extension box on 20 Cig?

Old 11-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default extension box on 20 Cig?

How much of an advantage would an imco extension box add to my 20? Concerned about maybe getting a little better ride with box and longer tabs. Thanks in advance for any info
Old 11-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Registered

I add a 8 inch extension box to mine this past summer and it seem to work good the ride and way the boat handled inproved.I also used a XR drive and that let me move my motor back because i no longer needed a trans all of that also made a big speed difference
Old 11-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnnyMarshall
How much of an advantage would an imco extension box add to my 20? Concerned about maybe getting a little better ride with box and longer tabs. Thanks in advance for any info
i would start with the longer tabs, that may do the trick
Old 11-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Registered

Would Mercury 280 tabs be the right length you think?
Old 11-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mike Baldwin
I add a 8 inch extension box to mine this past summer and it seem to work good the ride and way the boat handled inproved.I also used a XR drive and that let me move my motor back because i no longer needed a trans all of that also made a big speed difference
Mike, if possible could you post some pics of your setup? Thanks
Old 11-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Registered

Johnny i do have some pictures on a cd i will need to look over a few to find them. It most likely would not be this week but maybe next .I have the 280 tabs on mine they seem to work the guys with the new bottoms use the longer ones iam not sure what works better I allso have a budy with small bennett tabs and i think his rides the best it may be just how lucky you are with your set up
Old 11-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mike Baldwin
Johnny i do have some pictures on a cd i will need to look over a few to find them. It most likely would not be this week but maybe next .I have the 280 tabs on mine they seem to work the guys with the new bottoms use the longer ones iam not sure what works better I allso have a budy with small bennett tabs and i think his rides the best it may be just how lucky you are with your set up
runnin a trs with the original black short tabs. If i was to buy tabs and pumps seperate what would the price breakout be for both without paying New full price? Sorry to hastle i just want to save a little coin if possible.