Cigarette Factory >

Cigarette Factory

Notices

Cigarette Factory

Old 11-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts
Default Cigarette Factory

I'm down in Miami / Ft Lauderdale for the weekend. I'm headed up to Fastboats tomorrow to check out the Playboy and the 38' Donzi (not sure if it's at the yard). Can anyone give me directions or an address to the Cig Factory? I wanted to at least drive or stop by while I'm in town. Thanks.

Last edited by frickstyle; 11-26-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
I'm down in Miami / Ft Lauderdale for the weekend. I'm headed up to Fastboats tomorrow to check out the Playboy and the 38' Donzi (not sure if it's at the yard). Can anyone give me directions or an address to the Cig Factory? I wanted to at least drive or stop by while I'm in town. Thanks.
If your @ Fastboats tomorrow Randy will be able to give you directions, you may want to call ahead they may be closed on weekends.....
Old 11-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

playboy is at lipship
Old 11-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been to Cigarette and Bud gave me a tour. cigarette's adress should be on the site i think.
sam
Old 11-27-2009, 09:37 AM

The site said that the factory is not giving tours right now. They a working on a "special project" for the Miami show. At least that is what it said last night.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Registered

Call them directly...they might give you a quick tour...Tell Randy, Joe says high...Nice guy to deal with..

Old 11-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

Went to FastBoats, what a nice facility!

Also went to LipShip, met with Phil and looked at the Playboy, nice boat very interested. Phils shop is awesome, what a collection of sweet rigs.

I know there are a couple threads on the Playboy, but, what's the story on this? Isn't this a freshwater boat? The guys at the yard said it was in the water a couple weeks ago, but Phil said it hadn't been in the water in quite some time. When they unloaded it off the rack, there was some water pouring out of the drives. The boat needs a good detailing, otherwise it was in good shape.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

The playboy is not a freshwater boat.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I also was between that playboy and my gladiator before I chose the gladiator. I ended up choosing the gladiator because I wanted a stock setup. I would still consider that playboy for the right money. The statements that are to follow are based on my conversations and research with people who have had interaction with that boat. That boat was definitely not fresh because it was in Boston harbor over a season. Everyone argued on this forum over if it had barnacles or not. I drove and looked at it myself and it did have them on the drives. When it was procharged there were numerous problems with drives and I heard it popped a motor once or twice. I did speak with a mechanic that did a lot of work on it a couple years back and he said they worked out all the problems before it left. This mechanic said he personally was on the boat doing a 103 mph and it ran solid. This mechanic said that what happened to the boat after it left he didnt know.