Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
American Muscle? >

American Muscle?

Notices

American Muscle?

Old 01-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I used Innovation Marine when I had my motors rebuilt (Merc 600SC) and they gave a 90 day warranty on them. There here in Sarasota. Theirs is another builder here that i have heard good things about but never used them. Potter Machine Shop.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe
...and several of them will stand behind the motors with similar/ identical warranties as mercury (for significantly less than 30k, if you're fishing in front of the net w/ your maintance).

joe

btw: i just had the skater winterized today --- you conneticut boys need to keep the 20 degree weather up there!!!!! lol.
Wass up Joe! Quite the opposite it needs to getthe heck out of here!! Cold weather sucks! At least we have pleanty of projects to do........were also getting "Throttled Up"!

I would not shine away from a 1075 that has been taken care of at all! When maintained they're like a 525, start right up every time!

Dan
Old 01-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the look of carbed type blowers....but being able to idle and start easily is awesome too.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by boatntrkr
I like the look of carbed type blowers....but being able to idle and start easily is awesome too.
... not to mention, EFI'S don't seem to hiccup (and then go BOOM!) when running them hard. they'll shut themselved down.

ps: unless you lose a pulley---- which i've heard happen to several folks. i can't stress enough to replace them with raymonds (double r). --- and, he's a great guy as well.

joe
Old 01-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by boatntrkr
Thanks Joe....I hated school...but I love learning this stuff.
the black motors aren't bad... you just need to set up a bit of a different schedule with them. if you're savvy (unlike myself), i know quite a few guys that do their own lashing etc...

everything else is pretty easy (once you understand it). it's just a bit of a curve from 525's/700's etc... and can be overwhelming at first. i remember when i first got big motors... and now --- piece of cake!

joe
Old 01-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Registered

I appreciate learning from all your knowledge as well! Thanks Joe.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Registered

haha, this had turned from learning about American Muscle to learning about motors and drives....way cool though.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool rebuilds

Factory Fresh with Renewed Spirit
Mercury Racing Celebrates Big Block Sterndrive Refresh Anniversary

FOND DU LAC, Wis., Nov. 30, 2007 – Mercury Racing is celebrating the one-year anniversary of the “Factory Fresh” engine refresh service for 850 SCi, 1075 SCi and 1200 SCi sterndrive engine packages.
The factory-direct service, based at Mercury Racing’s world headquarters in Fond du Lac, Wis., features complete inspection and refresh of the engine – from the bare cylinder block through a final power run on a dynamometer.
The refresh service center is strategically located in Mercury Racing’s 4-Cycle Race Shop and staffed by the same technicians who built the engine originally. Mercury Racing technicians work their magic, taking the engine down to the bare cylinder block. In addition to the block, the crankshaft and all other rotating components are washed and magnafluxed to ensure metallurgy integrity. After the long-block assembly has been refreshed, it goes through Mercury Racing’s electrostatic, high-solid, polyurethane paint process to bring it back to like-new condition.
Replaced rotating components include the camshaft, pistons, rings and connecting rod bolts. Cylinder head re-work includes the replacement of intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, retainers, valve seals, valve locks,
Old 01-06-2010, 03:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Cool page 2

rocker arms and lifters. Superchargers are inspected and updated with new snout bearings and seals. The refresh process includes the replacement of high-tension leads and a set of spark plugs, oil and fuel filters, all belts, special head gaskets, seals, hoses, impeller, and other miscellaneous hardware.

850 SCi/1075 SCi/1200 SCi Refresh Service Parts Kit Contents:
• (1) Set valve springs
• (1) Set valve locks
• (1) Super charger snout kit (bearings & seals)
• (1) Set retainers
• (1) Set valve seals
• (1) Set lifters
• (1) Set cylinder head gaskets
• (1) Oil and fuel filters
• (1) Set spark plugs
• (1) Sea pump – impeller kit
• (1) Set exhaust valves
• (1) Set intake valves
• (1) Set rocker arms
• (1) Set pistons and rings
• (1) Set rod bolts
• (1) Camshaft
• (1) Set belts
• (1) Set high tension leads
• (1) Special shipping crate
• Miscellaneous gaskets, seals, hoses, hardware

Retail price for the refresh of one engine is $22,810. The fee covers labor and replacement of parts included in the standard refresh kit. Additional fees apply for labor and parts which are above and beyond the standard refresh.
Replacement parts used in the refresh carry the same warranty the engines are sold with – 180-days for the 850 SCi, 90-days for the 1075 SCi and no warranty for the 1200 SCi. Refresh work is backed by a 30-day labor warranty.
(more)
Old 01-06-2010, 03:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Cool page 3

Factory Fresh is just another point of differentiation Mercury Racing has versus its competitors. No one can match Mercury Racing’s dealer and service network. Owners are encouraged to direct their engine refresh service to qualified 1075 SCi/850 SCi Total Engine Application Management (T.E.A.M.)-accredited OEM boat builders and dealers.
Mercury Racing has partnered with BAM Marine of Pompano Beach, Fla., to offer an optional refresh service for BAM transmissions which come packaged with Mercury Racing 850 SCi and 1075 SCi engines. Retail price for the transmission refresh, which includes complete inspection and replacement of all worn components, is $1,545.
Customers may also take advantage of Mercury Racing’s dry-sump Six-drive refresh service at the X-Site test facility in Panama City, Fla. For additional information, please contact X-Site at (850) 769-1011.
A factory-spec shipping container is included in the price of the refresh to ensure safe transport of the engine to and from the dealer or OEM boat builder.
Customers are provided with a toll-free phone number to take advantage of Mercury Marine-negotiated shipping rates.
About Mercury Racing

Based in Fond du Lac, Wis., Mercury Racing, a division of Mercury Marine, is a leading provider of high-performance marine propulsion systems to discriminating boaters worldwide, offering an exciting and fulfilling powerboating experience on the water.
Using leading-edge technology, Mercury Racing produces high-performance outboards, sterndrives, propellers, parts and accessories.
Mercury Racing-powered boats worldwide win more races and set more records than any boats powered by other marine engine manufacturers.
Mercury Marine is a division of Brunswick Corp. (NYSE: BC), the world’s largest manufacturer of recreational products, including pleasure boats, marine engines, fitness equipment, and bowling and billiards.

#

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.