Full Cabin - List to Starboard? >

Full Cabin - List to Starboard?

Notices

Full Cabin - List to Starboard?

Old 01-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Cabin - List to Starboard?

I have a 1994 Full Cabin TOP GUN. My boat lists (LEANS) a little to the starboard when on plane. I have to use my starboard trim tab a little (about 2-3) to keep the boat level. I took out the Toilet, my batteries and anchor are on port, my ice chest is on starboard inside the cabin, and it still lists to starboard. If my wife and I are both on the port side and I am leaning on the edge, then the boat runs strait without trim tab. What's the deal? Is this normal for a full cabin Cigarette?
Old 01-26-2010, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

I have a 99 full cabin and she runs straight as an arrow...I definitely don't think its normal...
Old 01-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

My Cafe lists to the starboard side a little. I run some tab to run it even( 1-2 on gauge). I have been told that many of the Cafe's and some Guns require some tab, I believe the weight of the liner was the cause. I know in the Cafe you have the molded cooler and the bathroom. If you think you it is ral noticable you could have a big hook in the boat or a bent skeg. If you rack store you boat it can cause that hook.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Registered

What do you mean "weight of the liner" was the cause?
The SKEGS look good to me. I can't seem to see a hook when the boat is on the trailer. I don't really know what a hook looks like. Looking at the bottom from the back, I couldn't tell if anything was not strait.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Just thinking off the top of my head. Is it poss. there is a variance in the power output between the motors?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Registered

According to the dyno, they are about 5hp off. They run the same RPM at the same throttle position.
Also, I just had my props labbed, but I will have to wait until Spring to test them. Maybe my props were not exactly the same. I bought them used.

Last edited by UrbanDisturbance; 01-26-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

See if you have any pictures of the back of your boat taken while it is tied up at a dock. I've seen quite a few top guns that lean to the right when there not moving.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Registered

I have seen a case where the drives were not mounted correctly. one drive was 1/2' higher and as I recall it was 1/2" wider from the center line of the boat. It also leaned wile running.
And yes it was a Cigarette.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

If the boat is sitting even(not listing) when not underway, then it must be something while it running, props,drives,hook or something. What I referring to with the liner is the inside of your cabin, you have more weight on the starboard side. I believe this why Cig have the batteries and holding tank on the port to compensate. I will ask Chris at Ocean Performance I know he will have an answer on this.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If the boat floats level at the dock then the problem isn't weight distribution.
It has to be something wrong with the running surface.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.