Just a quick mph question for the cig guys!!!pls help >

Just a quick mph question for the cig guys!!!pls help

Notices

Just a quick mph question for the cig guys!!!pls help

Old 04-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
This has been discussed a few times and I'm sure someone with more experience actually installing drives could/will chime in but putting boxes on #5's will defeat the purpose of switching from 3's to 5's all together.

The 3's and 5's are virtually the same drive except the lower on the 5 is shorter (bringing the X up). The boxes will push the drives out and down (bringing the X back down).

I know boxes look cool and all but you're going to do all that work and have pretty much the ame affect from the drives. And I'll tell you what's going to look cooler is the rooster you're going to get from the shorter 5's with out boxes! I think with out the boxes you're going to get what you're looking for.

Unless of course you're blocking the transom and re-cutting for the boxes/5's. Then never mind everything I just said. But that also seems to be a lot of work just to have boxes.

Phil told me that boxes are a must with Vs When I was buying mine.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:40 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I've heard and seen from Gary K. I really think he's got a real good grip on the drive configuration for a top gun. What he's got and how it reacts is proven to work correctly. If I had a Cig T/G, I'd call him for advice. Just my $.02

Frank
www.chicagopowerboat.com