1974 Cig 20', good deal?

Notices

1974 Cig 20', good deal?

Old 07-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1974 Cig 20', good deal?

Hey all, Im new here so hello!

I have a chance to buy a Buddies 74 Cig 20' for 4k. Its got a Chrysler 440 big block and I believe a TRS out drive. Boat is in incredible shape but needs a very small amount of mechanical TLC. Crazy also is its left and drive!

What do you guys and gals think? I'll post up a pic or 2 tomorrow and thanks for any and all input.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i sold a '74 bare hull for that...no trailer, no motor, no interior, no drive...nothing. so if it is running, or even close to running, and on a trailer, I would be all over it.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:17 PM

Yea, sounds like a good deal. Post some picks!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:30 PM
MF
Registered

Go for it !
Old 07-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post some pics and your buddies phone number

Just kidding, assuming the hull is solid that's a deal.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramchargin
Hey all, Im new here so hello!

I have a chance to buy a Buddies 74 Cig 20' for 4k. Its got a Chrysler 440 big block and I believe a TRS out drive. Boat is in incredible shape but needs a very small amount of mechanical TLC. Crazy also is its left and drive!

What do you guys and gals think? I'll post up a pic or 2 tomorrow and thanks for any and all input.
If you don't want it let me know I'm interested!!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Registered

Hey guys, thanks for all the positive replies.

He has made me promise him that if I ever sell hes the first one who will be notified.

I cant find my pics of it yet, I'll keep looking. If I dont find the pics I'll have some up soon because were going do to look at it.

A little history of this boat.. my buddies father used to be a drag boat racer and has a house on the Rappahannock river here in VA. He wanted a small but fast boat so he did some research and found out about this boat. I want to say my buddy told me his dad went down to Florida and bought this in the mid to late 70's. Dad got older and lost interest so he gave it to his son and now his son, my buddy, has lost interest and doesnt have the time and money to keep it up so he finally gave in to my pressure.

She needs a part in the outdrive, I can remember what he said exactly but its a very small part thats relatively easy to replace and he has it already.

Ok, now that we have all that outa the way. Is this a rare boat? I have searched and searched the internet and cant find anything?? Whats all your thoughts on changing the outdrive to a more up to date on that has trim and tilt?

I am a Mopar guy, been one my whole life owning Cuda big blocks and sittin on an all original 340 Challenger now. All these years of knowing him and dreaming of havin his Mopar big block powered Cigarette has just made me crazy!
Old 07-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Can't wait to see some pics! If it is a TRS it should have trim. I've never seen one with a Mopar before, sounds pretty cool.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Can't wait to see some pics! If it is a TRS it should have trim. I've never seen one with a Mopar before, sounds pretty cool.
I wont lie to ya, I dont know a whole lot about older boat parts. Its a fairly big, white and boxy looking outdrive that has no T&T. Maybe a Volvo?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramchargin
I wont lie to ya, I dont know a whole lot about older boat parts. Its a fairly big, white and boxy looking outdrive that has no T&T. Maybe a Volvo?
Sounds like a volvo to me. Not really a bad thing, I'm no expert on volvos, but i think some of the volvo drives are pretty strong and reliable. Definitely old school technology, deep running drives for sure. If you were going to replace the transom, it may be worth changing to a merc, otherwise it just enjoy it as-is!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.