Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Playboy Cigs? >

Playboy Cigs?

Notices

Playboy Cigs?

Old 07-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

That boat didn't look bad when I saw it, and Phil never mentioned anything horrific. In fact, it appeared to be very clean.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
That boat didn't look bad when I saw it, and Phil never mentioned anything horrific. In fact, it appeared to be very clean.
There were two white Playboys...A Lip-Ship Edition and a standard edition. The one Sam posted was the one that was reported to have issues. Sat in the water in NY I think for long periods of time.
Attached Thumbnails Playboy Cigs?-2001playboy2.jpg   Playboy Cigs?-20001playboy35.jpg  
Old 07-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
There were two white Playboys...A Lip-Ship Edition and a standard edition. The one Sam posted was the one that was reported to have issues. Sat in the water in NY I think for long periods of time.
Yup, I remember hearing the same thing.. It sat for a while up at Ocean Performance. I remember seeing it there.
Jr.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

It was Boston harbor.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Registered

How come Phil never mentioned this? Is this all hearsay? He did mentioned that they blew a motor in the boat, other than that, nothing. I'm confused, seems as this subject has been beaten to death in a previous thread.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:47 AM
Registered

How come Phil never mentioned this? Is this all hearsay? He did mentioned that they blew a motor in the boat, other than that, nothing. I'm confused, seems as this subject has been beaten to death in a previous thread.
What part, that there was two playboys (see photos) or that one had some type of issues from sitting in the water? The sitting in the water damage is hearsay as far as I'm concerned cause I never saw the boat and don't know personally. I only mentioned the thread and that there was drama. Im sure the thread could be easily located.

Last edited by thisistank; 07-24-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Registered

What part, that there was two playboys (see photos) or that one had some type of issues from sitting in the water? The sitting in the water damage is hearsay as far as I'm concerned cause I never saw the boat and don't know personally. I only mentioned the thread and that there was drama. Im sure the thread could be easily located.
All the stuff about the all white boat with mahogany floors that it had sat in the water for long periods of time. The only thing I saw wrong with that hull when I looked at it, was a few srapes from lift truck forks.

The boat was clean. I could see no evidence of it being abused. LIke I said, dead issue. Someone purchased the boat and I'm sure they are very happy with it, nice ride.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

I don't think that Phil was in Boston for the first several years of this boat's life. How would he know? He wouldn't. I'm sure the the boat was polished, buffed, acid washed numerous times by numerous people before it ever reached Phil.

Last edited by pm203; 07-24-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Registered

anything's possible.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:56 PM
Registered

All the stuff about the all white boat with mahogany floors that it had sat in the water for long periods of time. The only thing I saw wrong with that hull when I looked at it, was a few srapes from lift truck forks.

The boat was clean. I could see no evidence of it being abused. LIke I said, dead issue. Someone purchased the boat and I'm sure they are very happy with it, nice ride.
Ahhh, yea, I hear ya. Like I said, I don't really know the true story on it just that there was some drama surrounding it. Like you said, it's sold and I'm sure the owner is happy (nice boat at a nice price). Plus Phil doesn't let anything leave his shop with out being in tip top condition, so if there were issues I'm sure they were dealt with properly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.