Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
How much do you know? >

How much do you know?

Notices

How much do you know?

Old 08-11-2010, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hotjava66
sun96- I was in your shoes, really really wanted a Mystique until I looked at one. Had to fly out east just to see one, and im glad I did but if you want something to overnight on and (try) to use as a family boat they are not it. Beautiful boats, great interiors, awesome lines, NO room up front, I was so bummed after sitting in it. Bullet or Cafe has a ton more room and more usable in my opinion. Are you in MI, I have a friend considering sellling his Cafe if you are interested?
Thanks! that is the information I am looking for, I showed my wife the interior of the 30' last night and she was shocked how small it appears (no wise cracks) Please send me the information on your friends boat I will gladly take a look at it and yes I live in Michigan.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by drpete3
I still love your boat! I forget if you have a trailer or not.
Thanks Doc. No, I do not have a trailer unfortunately.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsation96
Thanks! that is the information I am looking for, I showed my wife the interior of the 30' last night and she was shocked how small it appears (no wise cracks) Please send me the information on your friends boat I will gladly take a look at it and yes I live in Michigan.
No problem, I have been there! Last year I was looking for a boat that size, wanted something performance oriented but enough room to stay on and have our 2 young kids along. Had trouble finding things to look at around here so we went to the east coast and spent a few days looking at boats you dont see around here. If you want I can PM what I saw, save you some time possibly. Dont want to discuss a whole batch of other boats on the Cig thread, lol.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by hotjava66
Dont want to discuss a whole batch of other boats on the Cig thread, lol.
There are other boats besides Cigs?

That's right, all the ones that come after the #1........
Old 08-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated
There are other boats besides Cigs?

That's right, all the ones that come after the #1........
Its ok here on the Cig thread. Try sain that anywhere else and all of a sudden, your a stuck up Cig a$$hole. Other boat owners have no sense of humor!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Sunsation - when I was shopping I toyed with Mistresses but ultimately I was VERY glad that I ended up in my Cafe. I HATE to say it but they are much more modern feeling boats, and I think your wife (and you) would be much happier considering what it sounds like you are looking for...... No doubt the mistresses are cool, but having read some of your posts I think you'd be happier in something built a little later.....

In retrospect I might not have known it at the time but it really was the right decision in my opinion. They are liveable, useable, and never look dated (painting aside).

Just my .02......
Thanks for all the help Seafordguy! I know that I don't want larger than a 35'. I am going for cheaper on storage as I rack store, going for something that I will own for a LONG time/ Pay off and enjoy. A boat that turns heads and never really ages and a good or fair cruising speed. I think I have found this in a Cig. I love Sunsation and some good friends work there, I wanted a 32' so bad and that was the plan but then I started to look @ Cigs, and the thought of owning one is awesome. But I knew I could not afford a newer one and heard that is hard to get insurance and a loan but found that to be false.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Registered

Not sure if you have seen this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...wer_Motorboats
Old 08-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Wow, thats expensive!
Old 08-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Isnt that the Mystique that was sold on ebay a year or two ago. It was repoed and stripped of all rigging by the owner prior to repo or something like that. I was kind of interested till i figured out the cost to rerig. And yes, thats EXPENSIVE.