Info 42 Revolution

Old 08-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is in my opinion, the nicest Revolution in existence:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's the one I'd want to own the most:

There's another one out there that has a white base coat, & black zebra stripes going down the side as well. I had a few pics of it, but have somehow lost them.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an original brochure. If you decide to go ahead with it I can get it to you .
Paul
Old 08-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any more info on the blue one?
Old 08-11-2010, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STRAIGHTPRIORITY
any more info on the blue one?
Yes he bought a repo cig last year and was selling that REVO. Great looking boat IMO
Old 08-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

This one is the best deal out there. http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o28601-en.html I've ridin on it a few times and heavy is an understatement but it sure gives a great ride. Turns a lot of heads around our waterway.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLee
Here is in my opinion, the nicest Revolution in existence:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's the one I'd want to own the most:

There's another one out there that has a white base coat, & black zebra stripes going down the side as well. I had a few pics of it, but have somehow lost them.
That blue one is sick!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1bagger
I have an original brochure. If you decide to go ahead with it I can get it to you .
Paul
Sounds great, Well what are most of these boats powered with when they came out new and what are the speeds like with the triples.
Anyone know how heavy they are dry or wet
Any other pic's of them and any for sale other than here on o.s.o

Anyone been out on one and how do they handle
Thanks
Old 08-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 40 Likes on 8 Posts

I own the blue one. The boat ran way better in rough water. Had twin 800hps, wet 6s, blue printed bottom, 5 blade cnc merc 29s, lightened the boat up by about 1200lbs. Best I seen on Gps was 82-84 mph. You always had to run a little tab or it would porpus. I will try to find some more pics to post.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Lens mag marine
Well what are most of these boats powered with when they came out new and what are the speeds like with the triples.

They were all triple setups from what I can remember. The #6 drive from Mercury had not come out yet, so triples allowed the boat to run more horsepower without sacrificing the drives. The majority of the "original" ones I've seen, have TRS drives & triples. I have seen a few with triples & Bravo's. They mostly had Hawk Power in them of all variations from the factory.

I've seen a couple of restored Revo's, with staggered engines & #6 drives, which would be ideal. The 42 Evolution, but officially the Tiger, took the place of the Revolution. The original straight bottom Tigers, had the Revolution hull under them.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 3,010 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
They were all triple setups from what I can remember. The #6 drive from Mercury had not come out yet, so triples allowed the boat to run more horsepower without sacrificing the drives. The majority of the "original" ones I've seen, have TRS drives & triples. I have seen a few with triples & Bravo's. They mostly had Hawk Power in them of all variations from the factory.

I've seen a couple of restored Revo's, with staggered engines & #6 drives, which would be ideal. The 42 Evolution, but officially the Tiger, took the place of the Revolution. The original straight bottom Tigers, had the Revolution hull under them.
Yep, since Craig was at the helm of Cig most everything from Cig around that time had Hawk Power running in 'em. I'd still rather have one of the Evolutions over a Revolution. Those were rare and in my opinion a slice of innovation history - Only so many boats floating around that were the inspiration for something great and on the cusp of new technology (#6/Tiger). Not to mention I just love #6 Tigers! I'm sure we wouldn't disagree on this one Brandon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.