TG Cabin Hatch Hinge Repair >

TG Cabin Hatch Hinge Repair

Notices

TG Cabin Hatch Hinge Repair

Old 08-10-2010, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TG Cabin Hatch Hinge Repair

One of my cabin hatches has come loose on the hinge side. It actually looks like the "pins" that the hatch pivots on have recessed back into the hatch itself. I've got a couple questions;

1) Has anyone else had issues with their hatches?

2) I'm assuming the headliner has to come out of the cabin in order to access the hinge?

3) Is the hinge-pin one long piece that runs completely through the hatch or a short piece on each end?

If anyone has had any experience with this, please chime in.

Thanks in advance, Guys.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I just had to replace two of mine this spring. LipShip Marine in FL has them in stock. Call Vanessa... 305-933-9988
they are about $40.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by eichhoma
Yes, I just had to replace two of mine this spring. LipShip Marine in FL has them in stock. Call Vanessa... 305-933-9988
they are about $40.
So how bad are they to change? Headliner does have to come out? Sounds like it is two short pieces, one on each end, correct?

I'll call Vanessa as soon as we get back from Destin.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Registered

unless yours is a differ set up than mine, the headliner did not have to come out. One piece screwed to the window, the other to the frame on the inside around it... take a picture of it and send it to Vanessa, so she can make sure she has exactly what you need. Generally, they have all that sort of thing in stock.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Registered

Sounds like you may be talking about the support cylinders that help hold the hatches up when open. Mine actually has come loose on the back side where it pivots. In other words, the opposite edge from where the latches hold the hatch down
Old 08-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same thing happen to mine. If you unscrew the shock brackets you can easily remove the whole hatch if one of the pins has slid in to the hatch itself. Once I had the hatch off the boat I was able to shake it to get the pin to slide out a little. Once it comes out a little you will see some small groves in the pin. Put the one end of the hatch back in the hole than use a small flat tip screw driver in the groves of the pin to slide it the rest of the back in to the boat. Than just reattach the shock hardware. I never had another problem with it again after that. The whole thing only took a couple minutes.

Wes

Last edited by wnelles; 08-10-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Registered

Sorry, I was talking about the latches that actually keep it closed ... and i hacve had to replace those little gas cylinders too... sorry for the confusion... I still think LS can help you though
Old 08-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Registered

Thanks to both of you!

Wes, you described it to a tee. I keep forgetting about it until the next time I try to open the hatch. I'll that a try this evening!
Old 08-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't waste your money buying new gas hatch supports. I purchased 4 from Cigarette and they did not last 1 year. I found a piece of tubular metal with a slit in it. I place it over the piston on the gas support and it will work forever. I think those gas supports cost me aournd $200.00. I was not happy.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
Don't waste your money buying new gas hatch supports. I purchased 4 from Cigarette and they did not last 1 year. I found a piece of tubular metal with a slit in it. I place it over the piston on the gas support and it will work forever. I think those gas supports cost me aournd $200.00. I was not happy.
you mind giving a little more info on this exactly? I replaced mine 2 years ago and they are about due again... I am liking the idea of what you are saying... have any pics? mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.