fuel transfer valves >

fuel transfer valves

Notices

fuel transfer valves

Old 08-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default fuel transfer valves

Does anyone know how they operated. I there a pump or what. I was looking at it on my boat and i am not really sure. I just want to get the tanks even.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

To get the tanks even, go to the fuel station and fill it up. There is no Pump. The transfer valves are there to save you when one tank runs empty. You can transfer (switch) the engne that ran out to the tank that has fuel left. Close the valve to the empty tank. Open the cross-over valve between the two engines. There wont be much left as the power steering engine burns about 1 more gph. Forget the fuel gauges as they are seldom accurate. Use the odometer on your gps and figure 1 MPG. 50 miles = 50 gallons unless you run around at WFO. I figure mine at 250 mile range (2- 130 gallon tanks). Mine gets 1.24mpg at 3500, @ 59-61 Mph.

Last edited by Zero Patience; 08-23-2010 at 07:48 PM.