Old 09-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.keitheickert.com/c-426-big-block-chevy.aspx

much cheeper than $1800
Old 09-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Registered

I've repaired my Gils (a crack in the aluminum can be welded).
Old 09-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Giils are good stuff.

I prefer Stainless Marine for replacement.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel your pain....

I put Stainless Marine on my Formula a few years back and really like them.

5 year warranty, and I just saw today in the General section where someone had a bracket break of come loose, and Stainless had it fixed for him within the week.

Here's the link;
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ss-marine.html
Old 09-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Registered

heres some I found om ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Imco-...item33611610dd
Old 09-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Registered

Once again, THANK YOU to all of my Cigarette brethren!!!! This forum is amazing!!!

Well, I decided to go with new Stainless Marine exhaust manifolds and risers. I couldn't exactly afford to do it, but, better safe than sorry. The piece of mind is priceless. The Gils were original from 1987, so, it was just a matter of time anyway. So, at least for now, that's one less thing that I need to worry about. It was the right thing to do as well, especially since the motors have just been rebuilt. It would be just my luck that the originals would fail causing engine damage to my newly rebuilt engines. It worked out in a couple of different ways; 1) Stainless Marine is local, so they've already been picked up and installed. 2) I got a great deal on them. 3) Didn't have to pay any shipping costs.

If I'm forced to sell this boat in the near future; 1) I'll be pissed. 2) Someone will be getting an amazing boat for pennies on the dollar.

With all of the money I loaded into it (No expense spared), hopefully she'll be relatively trouble free.

Here's a couple of photos to share. I have the flame arrestors redone to show my buddy some love at Native Racing Engines.
Attached Thumbnails Every Time I Turn Around!!!!-imagejpeg_2_14.jpg   Every Time I Turn Around!!!!-imag0004.jpg  
Old 09-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Looking good as usual. Keep up the good work!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Registered

Well........the motors are finally back in the boat!!!!!!! Yippie!!!!

Sea trialed the boat today for 5 minutes. Starboard motor shot from 3,500 to 5,000 on it's own. Turns out, now there is a transmission problem!!! Transmissions are freshly rebuilt too!! WTF!!!

So.......pulling the motor AGAIN to take the transmission off!!!! @$@%#%#!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Registered

I feel sorry for you. Time to call it a summer. If it makes you feel any better, I had to spend $25,000 within the first 4 months of purchasing my Cigarette.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
I feel sorry for you. Time to call it a summer. If it makes you feel any better, I had to spend $25,000 within the first 4 months of purchasing my Cigarette.
It's really too bad. I got out of boating for a while and had gotten into exotic cars. Now, I remember why I got out of boating in the first place. This mother @#%@#ing boat!!!!!!!

Ya know....if business were better, I wouldn't even blink. It's as if, there is a hole in the boat.........and to add insult to injury it's raining in the boat while I'm trying to plug the damn hole!!!!!

Ah........I'm just complaining out loud. I know how boats are.......but.....enough is enough already!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.