OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Time for a new wife, not a new boat
Old 10-28-2010, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
Urban, was your boat for sale in the Detroit area craigslist?
No, my 1994 Cigarette was listed on this website only. I'm in Texas. It's is going to be 80 degrees this Saturday. That's freezing!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

The cabin on that boat looks to have a lot more usable space then the cover girl cabin. I like the boat...
Old 10-28-2010, 08:45 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

He will have to look for a cash buyer. There is no bank out there that will give money on that boat at that price. I just talked to marine loan guy who said there is only 5 lenders that will loan to performance boats and they are cherry picking the loans. This equals good news for buyers as the prices continue to come down to meet lower demand.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Ease up on the wife and price crap. I know the owner and his wife personally. The boat is one of the cleanest pre-owned boats I've ever seen. It has a custom steel ladder-bar Myco under it that cost $18K alone. On top of that, the owner would pay to have it lifted off and placed in the local rivers rather than dunk the trailer; and they would spend 3X the amount of time cleaning is as they did using it.

They have a few boats, and are looking for a CC to replace this one eventually.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I suspect they'll have plenty of time to shop for that CC!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Registered

Ease up on the wife and price crap. I know the owner and his wife personally. The boat is one of the cleanest pre-owned boats I've ever seen. It has a custom steel ladder-bar Myco under it that cost $18K alone. On top of that, the owner would pay to have it lifted off and placed in the local rivers rather than dunk the trailer; and they would spend 3X the amount of time cleaning is as they did using it.

I don' t really think that anyone was trying to be rude actually, just making a joke as far as the wife. The boat value however, I feel is spot on.

I feel this way because.....

1. I have to agree that the boat is crazy clean and doesn't look like a 1994, but in the end it is a 1994 Top Gun (flat bottom). Frank's (4195) comments are the best here because he just sold his 1993 Cafe for WAY less than I'm sure he had in it and everything in his boat was also new or very clean, so I'm sure he has a good feel for the market.
2. The boat is painted almost exactly like a 2004 T/S Gun listed in the OSO classifieds, so there is another gun ( a faster one) with the same paint scheme.
3. The engines are 500 efi's with 250 hours. In my opinion this is not big enough power to separate it from any of the other mid 90 Guns currently for sale and at 250 hours, they are due for top end refresh.
4. Average price for mid 90s Guns currently for sale is about 70-80K, I even saw one 98 Gun for 68K! 120k is T/S gun price and I think that most people would spend the cash on a T/S.

However, the boat is a beautiful Gun and it has been very well taken care of. I wish the seller the best of luck with the sale.

Hell, I might give him a call if this lottery ticket pays off. LOL

Cheers

JC
Old 10-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

I think the wife comments where tounge and cheek, as far as the price discusion this is what these forums are for. If the owner wants to try to hold out for a high offer good luck to him, unfortunately many of the folks that have commented here have either bought or sold a Cigarette recently and have a good hold on the current market. As I have stated before on here there is not a bank around that will lend that much money on a boat of that year. The owner will have to look for a cash buyer or one who wants to put down a big chunk of cash and still take a loan for the balance. I have put $60,000 in to my boat in the last 3 years and it was waxed every other week and do you know how extra that netted me in my sale......you guessed it 0. Sorry that is just the way it goes. At least the boat is clean and seems to be done right( I really like the boat). My GUESS would be this boat would sell in a reasonalble amount of time in the $75k-$80k range.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4195
I think the wife comments where tounge and cheek, as far as the price discusion this is what these forums are for. If the owner wants to try to hold out for a high offer good luck to him, unfortunately many of the folks that have commented here have either bought or sold a Cigarette recently and have a good hold on the current market. As I have stated before on here there is not a bank around that will lend that much money on a boat of that year. The owner will have to look for a cash buyer or one who wants to put down a big chunk of cash and still take a loan for the balance. I have put $60,000 in to my boat in the last 3 years and it was waxed every other week and do you know how extra that netted me in my sale......you guessed it 0. Sorry that is just the way it goes. At least the boat is clean and seems to be done right( I really like the boat). My GUESS would be this boat would sell in a reasonalble amount of time in the $75k-$80k range.
The wife jokes were definitely a joke, and I'm amazed someone could take it otherwise.

I agree, I don't care if you hand wash the boat with nothing but Perrier water, it doesn't add value for the buyer. One good detail job will equal a well maintained boat to a meticulous, overly anal retentive daily cleaned, never enjoyed boat. Asking the buyer to pay for your time and money spent on that meticulousness will not move a boat, particularly at double what a bank "may" loan, as getting any loan on a 94 Cigeratte is about as likely as Obama buying a Fountain gas guzzler and running it aground several times.

If I have 120K cash for a boat, and not a penny more, I'd figure I could get a loan for a bit more on a CLEAN twin step with bigger power, or just buy a slightly less clean twin step with the same cash.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
I have $140K in student loans, I can't wait to pay them back with a weeks salary that won't buy bread...

The government can't wait either,they will never admit it but that is the only way out for there debt.Solves the mortgage mess also guy owes 300k on a 195k house.Because of inflation house goes to 400k.He can now take a 100k H.E.L.O.C out and buy this boat.Problem solved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.