38 top gun windshield  questions >

38 top gun windshield questions

Notices

38 top gun windshield questions

Old 12-10-2010, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fastek
recently purchased a 94 top gun and i am interested in installing a windshield . i have been looking at several windhields on boats that are in the classifieds to get an idea and lots of the adds state [ newer late style windshield ] is their a diff i am unaware of ?? 94 old style winshield or was their ever 1 offered . being an owner of about 10 formulas in the past i know the boats in and out but this is my first cig and need some info .ive called cigarette but no real answers of yet as they are getting ready for the boat show and ive spoken to someone at lip ship and am told $1.300 for the parts needed , seems to be a peice of lexan and a peice of angled alum .all seems very pricey to me .any body got any sugg or ideas only want to do this 1 time and i have all winter thanks guys
guys winshield kit came yesterday complete from cig racing. i am very impressed chged 788.00 for the complete kit 85.00 to build crate for shipping and 45.00 ship chg all total 906.tmd very nicely done appears to have everything needed .cheaper from cig than lipship .i was quoted 1300.00 at lipship just for the kit less shipping .will post pics of the kit soon .its a shame ill bet most of us could make this kit if you new in advance what was needed
Old 12-10-2010, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guys winshield kit came yesterday complete from cig racing. i am very impressed chged 788.00 for the complete kit 85.00 to build crate for shipping and 45.00 ship chg all total 906.tmd very nicely done appears to have everything needed .cheaper from cig than lipship .i was quoted 1300.00 at lipship just for the kit less shipping .will post pics of the kit soon .its a shame ill bet most of us could make this kit if you new in advance what was needed
The mark up is so it can be a " Lip Ship" edition
Old 12-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm thinking I can build them and ship them for half of that. Will know after the first one is complete everytime I get started I get slammed at work, but its in progress.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Registered

Default winshield question

ok guys new windshield mount is on the boat .had the bracket that bolts on the boat first powder coated white like the hull .i opted for the clear windshield in the kit. what do you do about the bracket showing thru the winshield ?? im guessing paint it on the back side white if this is the case what paint do you reccomend and prep on the lexan .im open to any ideas you may have
Old 01-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes you have to paint it to cover things up and a new interior piece for the other side so nothing is exposed. Post some pics.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 596 Likes on 275 Posts

They made a padded vinyl strip and put in mine.
I think it just stuffed in the slot.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cigs prices must have come down a.bunch. a few years ago they were $1800 when I contacted them and $1500 a couple years before that. I ended up getting both mine from phil because he was a few hundred cheaper and also returned calls.

Amazing what a bad economy does. To answer your question. One I had painted and the other a padded vinyl insert. Id probably.just paint it if I ever do another.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ok guys new windshield mount is on the boat .had the bracket that bolts on the boat first powder coated white like the hull .i opted for the clear windshield in the kit. what do you do about the bracket showing thru the winshield ?? im guessing paint it on the back side white if this is the case what paint do you reccomend and prep on the lexan .im open to any ideas you may have
sand the lexan rough with 180 grit and use some 2 part polyurethane on it with a preval sprayer(5.00 at the hardware store) . I use nason, a dupont prod.. it will look professional when your done..............
Old 01-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone mind tracing the lexan on a piece of paper so I can get a piece cut for myself.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
sand the lexan rough with 180 grit and use some 2 part polyurethane on it with a preval sprayer(5.00 at the hardware store) . I use nason, a dupont prod.. it will look professional when your done..............
im assuming you paint it on the back side .also the kit did come with the filler and vinal to match my interior color

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.