Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Any factory 28ss w/ big blocks?  How would it handle? >

Any factory 28ss w/ big blocks? How would it handle?

Notices

Any factory 28ss w/ big blocks? How would it handle?

Old 11-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Not sure, it came with the boat. The transom is a lot taller than the Cigs so plenty of room for a swim platform. Really nothing custom about it. Have you thought about making one with cutouts for the exhaust. Or maybe just doing a single step platform in the middle of both exhaust.
My exhausts risers were changed to come streight out the back with 90 degree risers, I am still running the Merc logs. All 4exhaust tips come out in that small area above the rub rail. I am still looking for a place for the boats name, currently it's down the sides. "Fast Freight", the name goes well with the freight train air horns on the deck! Previous owner was the president/chairman of the board of a west coast railroad.

The TRS's and K planes take up the transome below the rub rail, I am not use there is a place for a swim platform, unless go back to the 180 degree risers and run the exhaust back to the original locations.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Holy cow, how do you get to the drain plugs? Or do you just fill it up with anti-freeze?
The only time I have ever seen my drain plugs was when the engines were out of the boat. To prep them for freezing weather, you fire theach motor up using a 5 gallon bucket with street water and a garden hose refilling the bucket. When the engines get to operating tempature you switch the bucket to a 50/50 mix and continue pumping into your running engine untill you have used all 5 gallons of 50/50 up, then shut that engine off and do the other. A bit messy, but it does fill the motors/exhaust systems with antifreeze.