90 MPH listed in Classifieds >

90 MPH listed in Classifieds

Notices

90 MPH listed in Classifieds

Old 12-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

The value of the boat is what someone is willing to pay for it. Like you have said there realy are no comps so that makes it tougher. I think it is a killer ride but you have some things in that work against you in my opinion. I just sold my old boat it was a 1993 Cafe thatcwas completely redone. I had over $130,000 into the boat including brand new paint and interior. I felt it was like a new boat and worth Alot but many would disagree because a limited audience. They where right the boat sold for half of what I had in it, but it did sell quickly. So I think it comes down to the question how bad do you want sell it and how fast? Banks will not loan money on it, insurance is tough on that boat, no trailer and many will find the graphics dated. But if you find the cash buyer that knows what they are looking you may have interest but unfortunately they to will be looking for deal. I would guess you can move it for somewhere between $70k and $80k+. good luck with it is definately cool and does not hurt to see if someone dies find the value in it.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maelstrom TG38
I totally agree with thedonz...

I have just bought a 90 topgun fiberglass side by side with new 2008 konrad drives and all new interior and exterior vinyl for 85000.....and after 6 month with the boat, i ve seen that the structure was dead, so 25000 more to redo and reinforce the boat......so if a had seen this add before, for sure for 95000 it is a very good deal for a kevlar staggered boat..........
The Islands must have a little different pricing !!
Old 12-16-2010, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

It is a really cool boat. Would love to own it! Im not in the market right now. But as an outsider watchin everything selling now, the problem is you can buy a TS Gun for around 100K. All updated interior, and graphics/paint. Updating a boat like this is expensive! Paint alone is 15 to 30K depending... Dont get me wrong, this is a unique set up that has more value than an regular Gun, but it does need updating and a trailer. I dont think older Guns are bring 70+ right now. People may be asking 85K, but they arent sellin. If you ask what your REALLY willing to take, it will sell. Good luck on sellin a bad azz boat!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

There are still buyers out there that will pay a premium for an exceptional straight bottom Cigarette. My 1989 Top Gun is now in the hands of a new owner. I had no intentions of selling, a buyer paid me a visit, offered what I needed to part with what was a huge part of my life for close to 10 years and both parties are feeling comfortable in their decisions.

Not all older Cigarettes will be fire sales.

Kurt
Old 12-16-2010, 08:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
There are still buyers out there that will pay a premium for an exceptional straight bottom Cigarette. My 1989 Top Gun is now in the hands of a new owner. I had no intentions of selling, a buyer paid me a visit, offered what I needed to part with what was a huge part of my life for close to 10 years and both parties are feeling comfortable in their decisions.

Not all older Cigarettes will be fire sales.

Kurt
I agree with Kurt. I just sold my 1984 flatdeck to a gentleman that was looking for a boat with big power, SSM drives (not-Bravo's) and in exceptional condition. We agreed on a price, that was less than I was asking 2 years ago, but was fair for the condition of the boat and the equipment. There are buyers out there that are willing to step up and pay for what they want, not many, but a few.
Attached Thumbnails 90 MPH listed in Classifieds-1997-chevrolet-1t-008.jpg   90 MPH listed in Classifieds-1997-chevrolet-1t-018.jpg  
Old 12-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for your thoughts guys, they are all welcomed.

Rick, no worries, I have'nt taken offense to any of the comments. I've been in business too long to be offended personally by anyone's comments. I may snicker inside to myself at the lack of knowledged sometimes demonstrated, but I never get offended.

From what I've seen here, there are those that believe the price is fair and those that believe that, in this economic climate, the price is a little high. Realistically, its anybody's guess what any sale will be as far as price. It is what someone is willing to pay for this particular boat, and what I am willing to accept. There is interest because I have had four calls since the ad was placed from individuals who have shown interest and we've spoken very candidly. I don't expect to sell it in a week, nor do I have to. In fact, I wish my particular situation changes that has caused putting the boat on the market because I do not want to sell it. Fingers are crossed.

Like Kurt said, not all Cigarette sales are fire sales. If someone is looking for an updated paint scheme and interior to 2010 specs, then pay the money for that. I assure you it won't be under $100k for a boat comparable to mine. If you want a side by side, fiberglass, low power bravo/trs boat, then pay for that as there are hundreds on the market. If you want a Cafe Racer for $65k, then pay for that. If you want a 2000 vintage #6 high power boat, then pay for that, I'm sure the offered price was well over $140k to start as no one realistically pays the offered at price and no one who really wants to sell refuses to negotiate.

I guess the point is you get what you pay for. If you want a very limited edition 90 MPH boat that is well equipped, turn key and solid, then pay for that. But please don't make rediculous comparisons. As an example, one shouldn't expect to buy a 1969 Z-28 for the price of a 1969 Camaro.

Frank
Old 12-16-2010, 09:36 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

This is about as close as you can get for comparison.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o37242-en.html

Yes... it's not a 90mph stagger, but its kevlar, big power, non-bravo.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider

Wow, that looks really nice!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Stormrider there is also a 1991 top gun with big power and No 5 drives , no trailer , not a stagger or Kevlar boat for $ 39k in the classifieds.
RG.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider

Wow that boat is nice and done with excellent power!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.