90 MPH listed in Classifieds

Notices

90 MPH listed in Classifieds

Old 12-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonz
Thanks for your thoughts guys, they are all welcomed.

Rick, no worries, I have'nt taken offense to any of the comments. I've been in business too long to be offended personally by anyone's comments. I may snicker inside to myself at the lack of knowledged sometimes demonstrated, but I never get offended.

From what I've seen here, there are those that believe the price is fair and those that believe that, in this economic climate, the price is a little high. Realistically, its anybody's guess what any sale will be as far as price. It is what someone is willing to pay for this particular boat, and what I am willing to accept. There is interest because I have had four calls since the ad was placed from individuals who have shown interest and we've spoken very candidly. I don't expect to sell it in a week, nor do I have to. In fact, I wish my particular situation changes that has caused putting the boat on the market because I do not want to sell it. Fingers are crossed.

Like Kurt said, not all Cigarette sales are fire sales. If someone is looking for an updated paint scheme and interior to 2010 specs, then pay the money for that. I assure you it won't be under $100k for a boat comparable to mine. If you want a side by side, fiberglass, low power bravo/trs boat, then pay for that as there are hundreds on the market. If you want a Cafe Racer for $65k, then pay for that. If you want a 2000 vintage #6 high power boat, then pay for that, I'm sure the offered price was well over $140k to start as no one realistically pays the offered at price and no one who really wants to sell refuses to negotiate.

I guess the point is you get what you pay for. If you want a very limited edition 90 MPH boat that is well equipped, turn key and solid, then pay for that. But please don't make rediculous comparisons. As an example, one shouldn't expect to buy a 1969 Z-28 for the price of a 1969 Camaro.

Frank
Frank,

Unfortunately boats are not really collectors items such as a 69 Z28. I have yet to see any a Barrett Jackson auction. Your boat value come in from someone who wants staggered, straight bottm kevlar boat. Just because they did make abunch does not bring value. After seeing the boat Storm listed I think you may have some competition.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

That is a beautiful boat, for sure.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
This is about as close as you can get for comparison.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o37242-en.html

Yes... it's not a 90mph stagger, but its kevlar, big power, non-bravo.
Darrens boat is a premier piece. Freshened by the best in the business (Lip Ship, Grafikworx, Fineline, Scorpion Racing) on a Myco trailer. It's owned by a very meticulous individual and maintained with a level of care that few ever see. It's stored inside his home out of the weather unless in use. This is a very cool ride.

This is a boat that I feel is a bargain for the asking price regardless of age. It's equipped with top shelf components that wont let you down when the going gets rough.

I would MUCH rather own this old straight bottom Cig than the well worn Bravo drive T/S that is typical in this price range.

Heck, this old straight bottom is even faster than the T/S offerings found in this price range!

Kurt's .04
Old 12-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

I dont have a gun in the fight but my opinion says high $60K's to low $70K's is what it finally takes to move this boat. Time will tell.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting boat. Looking at the cabin pictures there is no coring in the hullsides. Were all of the '90 MPH' boats layed up this way? I would love to see some more pictures of the structure in the cabin.

What's going on with the pipes coming out of the transom, seems like the exhaust holes were just cut wherever?
Old 12-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's definitely a neat boat to people like me that like Cigarettes of old & new.

I know you guys aren't looking for opinions or anything, but MAN I think it would sell a lot faster, if it had the actual 90mph paintjob on it, or any variation of it.

I can't imagine it would cost much at all to just have the sides & deck painted white, & do a vinyl decal of the stripe in a color that matches up with the existing hardware?

Even something as simple as this, would be cheap & add a lot to it being an actual 90mph Edition. You wouldn't have to spend a dime on anything else since everything else is blue inside the boat:

Just an idea, and definitely NO disrespect intended in any way.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

what is that????
Old 12-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting thought BLee.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
what is that????
It's the kilo boat, with a chitty rendering by me, to help illustrate what thedonz could do for I would think very little money, & make the boat look a little less dated, & increase it's potential to sell for their asking price.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tanner
The Islands must have a little different pricing !!
In the islands, there is 2 big problems for a man who loves cigarette like me:

1) we are in islands, so the freight to bring a boat like this will cost approximately 30k$ (i have done it a few years ago with a formula)

2)we have the CE certificate problem, since 2006 it is impossible to buy a US boat with big power in it, they can not deliver CE certificate for these engines.

So even if I have bought a 90's top gun with konrad, let's say at 70k$ in US, I will have pay 100k$ at the end....so 85k$ is not so bad.....don't you think..?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.