Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
90 MPH listed in Classifieds >

90 MPH listed in Classifieds

Notices

90 MPH listed in Classifieds

Old 12-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=BLee;3276209]I know you guys aren't looking for opinions or anything, but MAN I think it would sell a lot faster, if it had the actual 90mph paintjob on it, or any variation of it.

[
I would have to agree...mines not a true 90MPH cig but I do like the paint scheme i did.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=Kool-Aid Man;3276449]
Originally Posted by BLee
I know you guys aren't looking for opinions or anything, but MAN I think it would sell a lot faster, if it had the actual 90mph paintjob on it, or any variation of it.

[
I would have to agree...mines not a true 90MPH cig but I do like the paint scheme i did.
Yours did come out great post a pic for the people that haven't seen it.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Kool-Aid Man;3276449]
Originally Posted by BLee
I know you guys aren't looking for opinions or anything, but MAN I think it would sell a lot faster, if it had the actual 90mph paintjob on it, or any variation of it.

[
One of my all time favs
Old 12-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts
Smile

I have to agree with many others on this topic, All Straight Bottom Top Guns are not created equal. Alot of factors go into a boat, Power, Drives, Interior, Paint, Gauges, Rigging, Trailer, Sound, Exhaust, Updating. Just because the Title says "Top Gun", doesn't mean that the used price is fixed, you have to look at whats in it. My Top Gun is a 1993, it looks newer then many. I think when Rigging, Drives, and Setup are done at places like TNT, and engines from CHIEF and Interiors replaced at Liphip and Fineline, Prices deserve to be adjusted properly.

When I was looking for a Top Gun 2 years ago, I physically looked at 10-12 boats, all I can say is that the only common denominator between them was the fact that they were Top Guns, and they were produced by Cigarette.

Good Luck with the sale, Just becasue its listed for a certain price doesn't mean that a person willing to buy with cash in hand won't get a better deal, but their also isn't a reason to give away a great boat.

Typically boats that have that baseline pricetag often require alot of $$$$ to get it back to a nice piece. Most of the time its cheaper to buy it already the way you want it. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!!!
Attached Thumbnails 90 MPH listed in Classifieds-int-rear-straight.jpg   90 MPH listed in Classifieds-img_0006.jpg   90 MPH listed in Classifieds-3478067038_e26663d7ae_b.jpg  

90 MPH listed in Classifieds-rear-lip.jpg  

Last edited by cigrocket; 12-17-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Cigrocket, that is a Beautiful job you did on your boat. Like you said, its expensive to do what you did. If someone wants to buy an older Cig and up date it, you really have to buy one already done (someone else already spent the money and wants out), or buy the boat right so your not too upside down when your done. None the less, your boat is one of the nicest.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Registered

Thank you, Many of you recall the "Mistress" that I sold a few works back. I sunk alot of money, time, making parts to get that up to awesome condition. Drives, Trannies, Gauges, Interior, Graphics. I ended up, after waiting 6 months, and replying to a lot of low ball offers, getting the money out of it that I was comfortable with. I am glad in the end that I waited and didn't give it away.

Many people were trying to compare my "Mistress" with the ones that were going for 20K. Just not in the same league.

Every boat has its own +++++ and --------- that determine the overall value.
Attached Thumbnails 90 MPH listed in Classifieds-cig1.jpg   90 MPH listed in Classifieds-mistress-cabin.jpg   90 MPH listed in Classifieds-dash.jpg  

90 MPH listed in Classifieds-motor1.jpg   90 MPH listed in Classifieds-konrads.jpg  
Old 12-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

While the boat is rare, in my opinion you are asking top dollar for it. Frankly, the pictures do not show well either. I don't think most are going to like seeing the pitted dash panels or dull looking engines. If the engines only have 15 hours on them, they look rough.

Don't get me wrong, I think the boat is bada$$, it just doesn't show very well in these pictures compared to some of the other boats listed in the same price range. Its hard to look at the really nice 94 that has been redone and compare the 2.

On the other hand, you could put lots of money in it to make it nice and it still wouldn't bring much more money. These things are tough.
I kept pouring money into mine only to give it away for the same price I wanted for it unfinished!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Registered

Smile

Originally Posted by TxHawk
While the boat is rare, in my opinion you are asking top dollar for it. Frankly, the pictures do not show well either. I don't think most are going to like seeing the pitted dash panels or dull looking engines. If the engines only have 15 hours on them, they look rough.

Don't get me wrong, I think the boat is bada$$, it just doesn't show very well in these pictures compared to some of the other boats listed in the same price range. Its hard to look at the really nice 94 that has been redone and compare the 2.

On the other hand, you could put lots of money in it to make it nice and it still wouldn't bring much more money. These things are tough.
I kept pouring money into mine only to give it away for the same price I wanted for it unfinished!
And that is why I am not selling my 1994 Cigarette Top Gun. I paid $90,000 for it in 2005, and I have put about $35,000 into it since, and I am still putting money into it. It will be my coffin.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 290 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
And that is why I am not selling my 1994 Cigarette Top Gun. I paid $90,000 for it in 2005, and I have put about $35,000 into it since, and I am still putting money into it. It will be my coffin.
its all relevant though. if you put $400K into it and could only sell it for $20K, but could go replace it with a newer, faster boat for $20K, then who cares how much money you put into it really. it all comes down to what you could replace it with for the money, regardless of how much you have in it.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Registered

In some cases, if you can wait, parting out a boat can make more sense. Depends on the parts that you have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.