'77 28SS bolsters? >

'77 28SS bolsters?

Notices

'77 28SS bolsters?

Old 12-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave
I can't help much with the aluminum bases but cig probably bought stock aluminum and bent it in a jig or sourced it to a local shop in so fla. Seems like they used that stuff for a very long time. You might have to ask Brownie about that.

As far as the seats, I re did mine and it was pretty easy. If you have a jigsaw and a screw gun you can do it. I carefully removed all the staples, vinyl and foam, then made an exact replica of the wood inside, screwed it all together, coated everything with a couple coats of epoxy, and sent them to the upholstry shop. I have some pictures I can post but they're on my other computer. I'm glad you're keeping it stock looking and not putting carbon fiber tribal flames all over it.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Crallscars
jim,

You are from my old neighborhood. I was born and raised in the bay area, last in California, last lived in San Ramon. My 28 Magnum Sedan was a bay area boat!
Hello Crallscars,

Great to hear from you
Been out here in Danville for 16 years now , work down in the Valley
Was born and raised on the East Coast , the Real Jeresey Shore and not the TV version ,, then lived up in New England for 13 yrs and also lived and worked in Puerto Rico for a little more then 2 1/2 yrs, before moving out here
not sure when you moved away from this area,, but its really grown a lot over the years. maybe too much building?

Have a Happy New Year there and enjoy
Thank you
Jim
Old 01-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dammmagnum
Hello Crallscars,

Great to hear from you
Been out here in Danville for 16 years now , work down in the Valley
Was born and raised on the East Coast , the Real Jeresey Shore and not the TV version ,, then lived up in New England for 13 yrs and also lived and worked in Puerto Rico for a little more then 2 1/2 yrs, before moving out here
not sure when you moved away from this area,, but its really grown a lot over the years. maybe too much building?

Have a Happy New Year there and enjoy
Thank you
Jim
Jim,
I moved away July 1993. I can imagine the changes, the bay area will never stopped growing. I was born in San Leandro, raised in Piedmont, afterI married, we lived in Hayward, San Jose and San Ramon. I have a brother and sister still living there. She lives in Walnut Creek, he in Danville. He has a Ferrari service shop in San Ramon, Brians Garage. If ever your Ferrari breaks down, look him up thats all he works on. Not sure I miss the bay area that much, but I will always miss Lake Tahoe
Doug
Old 01-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Crallscars
Jim,
I moved away July 1993. I can imagine the changes, the bay area will never stopped growing. I was born in San Leandro, raised in Piedmont, afterI married, we lived in Hayward, San Jose and San Ramon. I have a brother and sister still living there. She lives in Walnut Creek, he in Danville. He has a Ferrari service shop in San Ramon, Brians Garage. If ever your Ferrari breaks down, look him up thats all he works on. Not sure I miss the bay area that much, but I will always miss Lake Tahoe
Doug
Hello Doug

Happy New Year to youWell you been gone from the area longed then i lived here, moved out here in 1995 from New England.
Yes, the Tri Valley was really growing for a while,
there are housing developements all the way down on Camino Tassajara in Danville, past the east gate of BlackHawk.
In San Ramon there are 1000s of new homes on Daugherty Rd/Bollinger Canyon Blvd to Dublin with new schools and even DVC Colleage is there .
a lot of the hill sides where the horse farms and cattle were are gone. i work in the San Jose/Milpitas Area and its pretty sad seeing so many empty new buildings all over the place, when business slowed down out here a couple of years back.

Well, I think I'll get an other Magnum Sport before I get a Ferrari.. I'll be able to use that I think a lot more when i retire
for island hoping in the Carribean..

Keep in touch
Thank you
jim