Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
stainless marine manifolds >

stainless marine manifolds

Notices

stainless marine manifolds

Old 12-22-2010, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I have seen new cmi from the factory leak like you wouldn't belive. I have 540s in a 35 cafe that I just bought when I did the pressure test on the cmi it looked like a sprinkler thnks for the info
Old 12-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by park35
I have seen new cmi from the factory leak like you wouldn't belive. I have 540s in a 35 cafe that I just bought when I did the pressure test on the cmi it looked like a sprinkler thnks for the info
Vic
I can't believe those thing were leaking so bad. You are right I hear nothing but bad stories on CMI's. Scary thing is the Tiger I bought has them as well. I guess I will be taking them off and pressure testing. Can they be fixed? Email me a pic of the motors in the boat ([email protected]) and I will post the pic here for you. 82mph impressive wait til you get the props dailed in, I guess it is time for some 28's.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
Vic
I can't believe those thing were leaking so bad. You are right I hear nothing but bad stories on CMI's. Scary thing is the Tiger I bought has them as well. I guess I will be taking them off and pressure testing. Can they be fixed? Email me a pic of the motors in the boat ([email protected]) and I will post the pic here for you. 82mph impressive wait til you get the props dailed in, I guess it is time for some 28's.
Frank if you need yours pressue tested and fix we'll help you out. We've done about everyones in our area. My buddy has been running a set of Stainless Marine on his motor for 10 years and they're great!!
Old 12-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Registered

Frank I see you got the boat that's grt ,they can be fixed but again I I seen them leak 2 weeks later,anyway boat is wraped up but I will send you pics in the spring,ride on the 35 cafe is grt,looks like I might need 28s not a bad thing
Old 12-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default gen III

Go with the gen 3's from stainless marine,not as much bling as the cmi's or stellings but guess what no leaks!!!
Attached Thumbnails stainless marine manifolds-pessolano-006.jpg  
Old 12-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by park35
Frank I see you got the boat that's grt ,they can be fixed but again I I seen them leak 2 weeks later,anyway boat is wraped up but I will send you pics in the spring,ride on the 35 cafe is grt,looks like I might need 28s not a bad thing
Hey Vic, This is Frank, did not take you long to get comfortable on the Cig forum..........Only 82 mph, i hope you like the looking at my transom all summer....Lol.

I went down to the marina, the old Fountain cover fits good.
I assume you are talking about my new set of CMI headers that leaked........
Sorry i missed your xmas party. i heard it was good.
Say hello to Joyce for me...
Old 12-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by franksmarineserv
Go with the gen 3's from stainless marine,not as much bling as the cmi's or stellings but guess what no leaks!!!
nice set up there.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Registered

Hey frank yes ur set that leaked,one of many that I know of,ur transom is the only one I will see lol everyone else will see mine and u know who I am talking about lol,I am counting the weeks can't wait we will get together after the holidays hope u and gina have a grt x mas
Old 12-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vic, The Sonic boys will not be happy about your new boat.

Any information on the performance of the stainless marine exhaust vs. the CMI headers ??? any lack of H.P. ???
How much do they cost a set?
Old 12-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Registered

Hey frank, the sonic boys need to up grade to more power lol was on the phone Monday. And ssm said they have done tests against headers with little to no diff in my power range little meaning 15 or less,for you the diff is less something about blower motors and scavanging to me there product seems the best way to go,the 24 superboat has been the only one with no exhaust problems in our marina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.