Enclosed Head >

Enclosed Head

Notices

Enclosed Head

Old 02-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enclosed Head

As I've stated in other posts throughout the forum, I'm a fairly new member extremely interested in boating life/culture. I surf the forum daily simply attempting to acquire boating knowledge. The fact of the matter is I most probably may not ever actually own a boat, much less a boat with the sigma of Cigarette, but I can still dream/wonder right? My question of today comes in regards to the Cigarette 39 Top Gun Unlimited. I've viewed various photos of the boat and read various posts regarding the boat, yet I've never seen a discussion in regards to an enclosed head. I do love the 39 myself, but an enclosed head would be an absolute must if I were to ever purchase a boat of that magnitude. I'm wondering if any 39's were produced with enclosed heads, or if it is even an option which could be incorporated in production. If anyone has an enclosed head on their 39, any photo's or description's of how this option looks and fits within the cabin would be appreciated. Any other basic knowledge regarding this option of an enclosed head within the parameters of a 39 would also be appreciated. Thanks' for the time.

Josh
Old 02-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 02-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Josh - bottom line is that Cigarette has decided (right or wrong) that their clientel is more interested in pounding waves than having an enclosed head on their boats. At Poker Runs people that can afford to have a Newer Twin Step Cigarette can also afford a couple hundred bucks for a hotel so the bathroom becomes a mute point. (I can't afford a TS Cig or the Hotel room so I stay my happy ass up in the V-Berth).

There are other sides to the enclosed head (more weight, addeded plumbing, more things to go wrong, the "smell") - all of which are components that modern CIG owners don't want.

I for one completely agree with you and would never own a boat without an enclosed head. There are others like us.

THAT being said - CIG will build you whatever the hell you want if you have the $$$. They aren't likely to say "no" if you are standing there with a $500-1M check. The telling fact remains though that few are built that way for a reason, and taht reason is customer preferance.

To your original question - There are a couple 39's I have seen pictures of that do have an enclosed head. In both cases I believe the door was on the far left and the enclosed bathroom was essentially right behind where the helm sat.

I have also seen pictures recently of a 46 RR that was a T/S boat with enclosed heads.

You need to note that as a rule of thumb when CIG transitioned to Twin Step Boats that was basically when you began seeing the transition away from Enclosed Heads (I think the Tiger's are the glaring exception here - lots of Flat Bottom Tigers without enclosed heads)

Hope that Helps and hope you get to live out your dream one day.

Last edited by seafordguy; 02-04-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of the first few 39 Top Gun Unlimiteds were built with the center steer option which allowed for a enclosed head in the cabin. Here's the link to one of the ads for one
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o37347-en.html
This pictures dont show the actual head compartment but allow you to get the idea. These are not my photos, just taken from OSO

Old 02-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

found more

Old 02-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

So, is it just a porta-potti in a box?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just a thought about enclosed head. I have a 91 Cafe with enclosed head (my wife wanted the enclosed head) now that she has it she realized it not all she thought it would be. She is 5'2" and alsmost has to fold in half to get into it. My suggestion is a pump out head in the cabin, and close the door to the cabin. I'll never have an enclosed head again.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

agree. ours is used to hold fenders & lines. not much use for anything else other than the 6 yr old likes to show her friends the boat has a potty.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Ona-Mission
Just a thought about enclosed head. I have a 91 Cafe with enclosed head (my wife wanted the enclosed head) now that she has it she realized it not all she thought it would be. She is 5'2" and alsmost has to fold in half to get into it. My suggestion is a pump out head in the cabin, and close the door to the cabin. I'll never have an enclosed head again.
Originally Posted by BDiggity
agree. ours is used to hold fenders & lines. not much use for anything else other than the 6 yr old likes to show her friends the boat has a potty.
That's the exact opposite of our experience - ours is CONSTANTLY in use. I probably have more hours on the macerator than on the engines!!

I just wish the holding tank was bigger!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by seafordguy
That's the exact opposite of our experience - ours is CONSTANTLY in use. I probably have more hours on the macerator than on the engines!!

I just wish the holding tank was bigger!!!
May I suggest a change in diet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.