Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Any Updates on Refurb 20' Projects? >

Any Updates on Refurb 20' Projects?

Notices

Any Updates on Refurb 20' Projects?

Old 03-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Updates on Refurb 20' Projects?

Hi all.
For all those (ktron, klaw, offshoredrillin, others?) that have refurbs underway on 20's, any updates, any details?
I have a 20' that I added an ITS and XR to 2 years ago and am now thinking about new power... looking for inspiration from those already underway. Always nice to see the progress of others!
Best regards,
Yoryi
Old 03-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Registered

Just sent my 20 to the paint shop and the interior to the upholsterer this week.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Dave's been plugging away on mine, he has been running around in a couple different states this winter. how do you like the ITS? what power are you looking at? post some pics. you can host them free on photobucket...
Old 03-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Registered

Got a great deal on the ITS and XR/Shorty so I went with it. Steering is amazing (no slop) and boat runs well at all speeds (no chine walk, stable in the waves), but my drive is low. I have an early '90s (getting tired) Merc 454 with (not Mag) a Weiand 177 and Stainless Marine exhaust... probably 450hp. Runs 73-75 right now with too much prop. Money no object I'd like an Ilmor, but love that SC whine. Something around 600-650 horse to make sure I'm not looking for more later... like to get into the high 80's (funny, I said the same thing about the mid 70's when I was in the mid 60's). Don't have too many pics... black with red stripes 1986 model, white original-style interior with black piping... I'll post the few I have when I figure it out.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Freshen the motor and look into a blackhawk drive. Might be the right combo. Shorter than your short but the setback of the ITS might put it inbetween where you ar enow and full surface set-up. I'm sure there are a few guys that will chime in.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:52 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by CIG3
Freshen the motor and look into a blackhawk drive. Might be the right combo. Shorter than your short but the setback of the ITS might put it inbetween where you ar enow and full surface set-up. I'm sure there are a few guys that will chime in.
+1, that would be the ticket, worse case scenario you may have to raise x, does yours have round keel or pad bottom?
Old 03-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Registered

I have a round bottom hull. I considered the Blackhawk before I bought the ITS/XR/Shorty, but my X would need to go way up to make it surface (+/- 4" I think) and my flame arrestor is already at the hatch. Also, the limited prop availability scared me longer term.
Maybe a stroked 500efi... around 600hp and low profile so I can take the X up later if I want. There are two Lip****z re-dos on my lake that have them and while I don't know the owners, I hear they're bloody fast!
Old 03-04-2011, 04:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ykoutsaris
I have a round bottom hull. I considered the Blackhawk before I bought the ITS/XR/Shorty, but my X would need to go way up to make it surface (+/- 4" I think) and my flame arrestor is already at the hatch. Also, the limited prop availability scared me longer term.
Maybe a stroked 500efi... around 600hp and low profile so I can take the X up later if I want. There are two Lip****z re-dos on my lake that have them and while I don't know the owners, I hear they're bloody fast!
not necessarily, the blackhawk is shorter than the xr and there is enough rocker in the hull to accept the blackhawk, I think you would see a heck of an improvement just by switching to it. its has an 8 inch setback which only lowers your x by 5/8's of an inch, the blackhawk is still going to be shorter that the shorty on the xr ..i know where one is 5500.00 with 31 pitch props.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Im looking for a set of 31p propellers that have never been reconditioned if they are out there..
Old 03-06-2011, 07:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by twinsteptiger
Im looking for a set of 31p propellers that have never been reconditioned if they are out there..
I just sold my 27's that were brand new, I'll check around for you Tom.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.