39 Unlimited >

39 Unlimited

Notices

39 Unlimited

Old 03-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 39 Unlimited

I had a 05, 38 Top Gun and I loved how easy it was around docks. I would like to here from you guys who have the 39. How are they around tite areas, are the easy or do you really have to work to get them docked? Do they turn the drives in or out or can you do either? If so, what are the advantages to in or out as far as docking?
Old 03-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Any staggered will be more of a challenge than side by sides; they can be difficult to turn against the wind so you have to think about the approach...but you'll get used to it.

My 39 spun out.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twin screws
I had a 05, 38 Top Gun and I loved how easy it was around docks. I would like to here from you guys who have the 39. How are they around tite areas, are the easy or do you really have to work to get them docked? Do they turn the drives in or out or can you do either? If so, what are the advantages to in or out as far as docking?
not 100% but a 39 Pier 57 had at the Jax poker run last year spun out if I member right?? & in do'n so at least that was better 4 dock'n than turn'n in!!

Last edited by wrinkleface; 03-06-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
Any staggered will be more of a challenge than side by sides; they can be difficult to turn against the wind so you have to think about the approach...but you'll get used to it.

My 39 spun out.
Has it been a problem for you with no rubrail? The reason I ask is I love the lines on the Gladiator without the rail. I talked to Phil about building a 39 without the rail, however I"m not sure that is a good idea. So many boats (cats) don't have the rail, however they are so much wider I'm sure they dock easier anyway. I like that look a lot better, just a cleaner look.
Thanks for your imput.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 2,970 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by twin screws
Has it been a problem for you with no rubrail? The reason I ask is I love the lines on the Gladiator without the rail. I talked to Phil about building a 39 without the rail, however I"m not sure that is a good idea. So many boats (cats) don't have the rail, however they are so much wider I'm sure they dock easier anyway. I like that look a lot better, just a cleaner look.
Thanks for your imput.
Not for nothin', but I alway chuckle when people complain about the no rub rail thing. It's such an east coast boating issue. On the west coast, most everyone use docks (that are bellow the rub rail anyway). On the east coast they use the pillars, where the rub rails come in handy.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=thisistank;3343714 On the east coast they use the pillars, where the rub rails come in handy.

[/QUOTE]

Midwest 2 Dude!! Personally I would not have a boat w/o rail!!(unless of course I hit the lottery & can have a crew of big tittied deck hands 2 make sure my boat doesn't touch anything)!!!!!!

They R so clean look'n w/o though!!! I launch & retrieve every day I use my boat w/ the above stated "pillars" at the launch & alot of my daily destinations! Just 2 practical & functional!!

Last edited by wrinkleface; 03-06-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Registered

My Gladiator is no problem around the dock. Took a bit to get used to. It's staggered and spinning in, don't know how much harder it can get than that. I just use the wheel like on a single.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by redbud35
My Gladiator is no problem around the dock. Took a bit to get used to. It's staggered and spinning in, don't know how much harder it can get than that. I just use the wheel like on a single.
I saw your skills in florida and there werent that good. haha jk
Old 03-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BobbyB
I saw your skills in florida and there werent that good. haha jk
The wheel seemed to keep shaking.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ha, now try it with only one side working. Those guys in the cats have it soooo easy with the props 8 feet apart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.