Top Gun restore

Notices

Top Gun restore

Old 02-21-2011, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Gun restore

Hi

I am assisting with the restore a '88 Top Gun to original spec and I need some help on the interior. Does anyone know where I can find someone who the templates that can fab the entire cockpit and cabin? The cabin and cockpit were ripped out a while ago and lost.

I know that it is probably easier to take to an upholstery shop but I want it done back to original. Once I have the pieces then I can take it to a shop to install.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM Old School on this board. He is having his entire interior redone, some or all of the old interior may be available. It is factory original now but was damaged by moisture.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Registered

You need to call Cigarette. It may be a while before they call you back. Call every day for a week and leave messages. They gave me information on who had the patterns for the boat covers for my 1994 Cigarette Top Gun. Of course I have lost that information since then.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have this boat in the shop now for interior job. Not sure if it is the same interior?

Going to be tough if the boat is overseas to get anything.
Attached Thumbnails Top Gun restore-php7ozuxcam.jpg   Top Gun restore-phpaszjdsam.jpg   Top Gun restore-php1nw63iam.jpg  

Top Gun restore-imgp3830.jpg   Top Gun restore-php8cjhlnam.jpg  
Old 02-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Registered

Thanks Guys.

I PM'ed OldSchool and got a quick response. He is on vacation so he will follow up later.

I will see if I can get some pictures of the old setup and check it against yours XT.

I also sent an email to Bud at Cigarette to see if he can help.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
I have this boat in the shop now for interior job. Not sure if it is the same interior?

Going to be tough if the boat is overseas to get anything.
Not it, that is a pre-1987 Flat deck 38.

Originally Posted by truetrini
Thanks Guys.

I PM'ed OldSchool and got a quick response. He is on vacation so he will follow up later.

I will see if I can get some pictures of the old setup and check it against yours XT.

I also sent an email to Bud at Cigarette to see if he can help.
Here are some pictures of my '88 Top Gun cabin. Let me know if there is anything that I can help you with. My boat is in the shop right now getting the cabin completely re-done. I was hoping to get the project started earlier in the winter and planned to take it to PPI in FL, but had too long of a delay with the insurance $$$ arriving. A local shop here in Maryland is doing the work. I'm going to hold off on the cockpit upholstery until next fall and drag it down to Jim @ PPI.
Attached Thumbnails Top Gun restore-tgoriginal2.jpg   Top Gun restore-tgcabin6.jpg   Top Gun restore-tgoriginal3.jpg  

Top Gun restore-tgoriginal4.jpg   Top Gun restore-tgcabin5.jpg  
Old 03-03-2011, 08:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Cockpit photos... A few from my boat and some others from the first Top Gun that PPI had done. Fantastic job by them!!!
Attached Thumbnails Top Gun restore-tgcockpit1.jpg   Top Gun restore-tgcockpit3.jpg   Top Gun restore-firstguninterior2.jpg  

Top Gun restore-firstguninterior1.jpg   Top Gun restore-firstguninterior4.jpg  
Old 03-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Registered

Thanks for the response guys. I have been traveling so I did not get a chance to catch up. The boat is in the Caribbean so I really need someone who has templates or has the same boat in the shop where they can take measurements. Maybe I will give the guys at PPI a call.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by truetrini
Thanks for the response guys. I have been traveling so I did not get a chance to catch up. The boat is in the Caribbean so I really need someone who has templates or has the same boat in the shop where they can take measurements. Maybe I will give the guys at PPI a call.
Try calling Fine Line Interiors: (954) 457-5565

The have done more Cigarette interiors than most, & have been around for a long time.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Oldschool when you bring it down to ppi you should put new bolsters in and sell me yours

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.