Brett
Thanks Brett

Wait til you see Bob's Apache

Kris
Old 07-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by thisistank
Holy mother of god!!! That is the sh!t!!

I assume you're rear passengers couldn't hear for a couple days!!

I was thinking Jesus Christ also !
ed
Old 07-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by kvogt
Tom said his ears were ringing when we got to Milwaukee but he kept sticking his head in the engine room shooting video.

I have to figure something out for the vent openings to let air in but cut the noise for the back seat. In the front bolsters it's not bad.

Kris
I remember a few years back running over to Catalina and back during the SCOPE poker run in a Tiger with Teague 1000's and 6's. Had the Jeg style scoops with open intakes (obviously). I was in the rear starboard side, running basically wide open all the way there and back. My left ear rang for two days after!

Totally worth it though!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:53 PM
yss
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really excited for our trip saturday. We got stuff for us and the kids ready to go. Life Jackets. Kool Aid - purple - so spills will blend in and cheetoos - I heard the baked ones don't stain... $20 bucks for gas, a six pack and the porta potty!!! I forget anything? I got a hair cut so my mullet doesn't get sucked in. See you saturday - I'll try and get the kids and Stef moving early.

B
Old 07-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Badass
Old 07-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome vid... sick old school Gun! Congrats on the build!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the nice comments. Sometimes you wonder if a project is going to be worth it as your busting your butt working on it. This one turned out good but 3 plus years is a long time.
Beautiful boat. Three years is a long time when you are working on a project, but IMO from what I see it's definately worth it. Great work. You have to grin from ear to ear each time you get in that beauty!!
Old 07-28-2011, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by yss
I'm really excited for our trip saturday. We got stuff for us and the kids ready to go. Life Jackets. Kool Aid - purple - so spills will blend in and cheetoos - I heard the baked ones don't stain... $20 bucks for gas, a six pack and the porta potty!!! I forget anything? I got a hair cut so my mullet doesn't get sucked in. See you saturday - I'll try and get the kids and Stef moving early.

B
Make sure the kids have sharp edged toys to play with and I think the orange cheese curls will match the blue carpet better.

See ya saturday

Last edited by kvogt; 07-28-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Totally BAD-ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your Flatdeck is a far cry from my 68mph TRS sled. Congrats and thanks for posting that amazing video. Think I'm going to watch it again now....

Jack

Last edited by US MUSL; 07-29-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Registered

That day the motors ran 30+ miles to the first stop. The second clip "passing Mike and Joe" was about 10 minutes later.

I don't keep track of hours but I pull the motors after two or three seasons. I don't run a real aggressive profile of a cam but use Isky tool room springs, very good valves, and Tand D shaft rockers.

I also spend time on the details of the oiling system and don't run the motors real lean.

Kris
Awesome. I can't run my engines like that. The oil gets too hot. What oil coolers are you using? Do you have a dedicated water pump for your oil cooler? What about your Transmission Cooler?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.