Notices

42 tiger

Old 08-14-2011, 09:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
I will my Tiger does not like getting on plane with 4 blades but once it is there it amazes me how it will stay on plane at low speeds. I have only had this boat this season but I am loving the ride. My boat is a twin step, it really shines in 3' seas wherevit just spans across the waves as if you are riding in flat water. My only complaint is with the higher x dimension and the fact it rides so level due to the steps the boat definitely seems to break the props free a lot easier then Cafe. But all in all the more a drive the more I like it. Good luck!
Tres told me that the tigers like the lower drive height and i should prob try a 1/2 spacer, you may want to try it as well and spin the props in, it pops my boat right up.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Tres told me that the tigers like the lower drive height and i should prob try a 1/2 spacer, you may want to try it as well and spin the props in, it pops my boat right up.
I wonder if this true on the step bottom as well? I may have to give Tres a call. Good info Offshoredrillin! I think it could make a significant difference.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

my twin step,,starts to pull,,kinda slow,,then,about 3-4 sec,s,,the props starts spinning faster and pulling great,,,when i first got the boat,,it felt like a trans shifting,,,thats how much it changes from a slow idle speed to getting on plane,,,just my seat of the pants feel of the boat,,,stock 30 bravo props,,iam not a hole shot guy,,so the sticks are about half throttle getting on plane
Old 08-14-2011, 12:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I usually have my tabs about 2 and drives at 3 and start pushing forward just easing it along, bow wont usually go too high, then it pops up and start trimming and pulling up tabs. i have only had one xr failure and it had 472 hours on it.

as for the step hull, i dont know for sure. but I really dont see the steps making a difference until you are on plane. some boats are set up for top speed with X dim.

Dave and I the other day did a mid range punch on mine and it pushed us both back in the bolsters.