Notices

42 tiger

Old 08-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 42 tiger

hi guys new member here im looking at a 42 tiger non stepped hull with 500 efi would love to hear your thoughts top speed? issues? etc.. many thanks !!!!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 06:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

mine is a 2000 non stepped that had 500 efi's and xr's 1.50... no issues... top speed was 72 then now 77-78 with engine work done. keep tabs and drives tucked in when planing and you will be fine.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Registered

tucked in really? excuse the ignorance is the boat squirley if it is trimmed out ? thx
Old 08-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To get on plane. The boat will not be a rocketship, but they are really cool boats!
Old 08-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyg
tucked in really? excuse the ignorance is the boat squirley if it is trimmed out ? thx
I'm sure Rob will elaborate but I'm sure he's refering to the fact the boat is fairly heavy for XR's or Bravos and tucking them in and tabs down helps eleviate some of the stress on the drives while getting on plane.

Tiger is an awesome boat!
Old 08-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Registered

thanks guys ! i thought he meant while it was on plane my bad !
Old 08-12-2011, 06:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Tank is right, tuck them in while planing, once you get to 3 on your trim you are neutral, lower is tucked in. once you start to give it throttle, trim the drives up some then the tabs and viola, your on plane...also turning the props in carry the bow much better, you will lose a little of the maneuverability, but still very manageable.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Tank is right, tuck them in while planing, once you get to 3 on your trim you are neutral, lower is tucked in. once you start to give it throttle, trim the drives up some then the tabs and viola, your on plane...also turning the props in carry the bow much better, you will lose a little of the maneuverability, but still very manageable.
Been meaning to ask this about my TG as well. I turned the wheels in on my Formula and gained a couple mph, but you're right, maneuverability did suffer a bit. Think I'll try it on the Gun (and take the spacers out of the lowers).
Old 08-13-2011, 08:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Croozin2
Been meaning to ask this about my TG as well. I turned the wheels in on my Formula and gained a couple mph, but you're right, maneuverability did suffer a bit. Think I'll try it on the Gun (and take the spacers out of the lowers).
the trade off for me was well worth it maybe i didn't phrase it right, it didn't suffer, it's just different, no matter what it is still a side by side. I can still spin it in a tight circle, the key to it I have found out was to just go out on a flat day and fool around with it. instead of just idling at times, with one in rev and the other in forward you can work the throttle and spin it faster if you have a current. it's fun to see what you can make the boat do other than just get in it and go fast.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:06 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

I will my Tiger does not like getting on plane with 4 blades but once it is there it amazes me how it will stay on plane at low speeds. I have only had this boat this season but I am loving the ride. My boat is a twin step, it really shines in 3' seas wherevit just spans across the waves as if you are riding in flat water. My only complaint is with the higher x dimension and the fact it rides so level due to the steps the boat definitely seems to break the props free a lot easier then Cafe. But all in all the more a drive the more I like it. Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.