Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Ok, what is it worth??? >

Ok, what is it worth???

Notices

Ok, what is it worth???

Old 09-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say mid 60's at best if the seller wants to move it. The speedmasters are a plus, but you are going to spend some money on the engine upper rebuilds and making sure the headers are good to go.

The pricing on early T/S Guns is starting to get interesting.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean
Hold on a minute....Kurt, buck,...u guys both boatless? What did I miss?
-Glad you chimed in Sean, yeah I sold my 'Gun last fall. In hindsight, I wish I kept it but movin'on now.

What's your take on this mess? Also forgot to mention, the rear seat base is rotted...

Kurt

Last edited by Biggus; 09-08-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Frequency
I would say mid 60's at best if the seller wants to move it. The speedmasters are a plus, but you are going to spend some money on the engine upper rebuilds and making sure the headers are good to go.

The pricing on early T/S Guns is starting to get interesting.

Thanks for the input. I'm at a bit of a quandry, like the idea of a project but realize how fast you can be upside down with the older stuff.

On the other hand, one can just spend all the money you would have into the finished project and buy a fresh T/S, make the payments and just go boating...
Old 09-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Hold on a minute....Kurt, buck,...u guys both boatless? What did I miss?
Whoa whoa whoa!!!! I'm not boat less. Your baby is still safe and sound with me and I don't have any immediate plans on changing that either.

I'm just putting my $.02 in on something I probably don't have any business commenting on. I didn't realize Kurt was boat less either until I saw his posts in the last week or so. Caught me off guard too.

Buck.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Registered

... not totally boatless, still tooling around in our 22 Pachanga we've had for the past 10 yrs. Miss the big boat badly.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's good news guys...thanks for the update! Glad to hear my girl is still in good hands. The gun is prob worth somewhere in the 50s if the power is tired. I do like the 3As though...

Kurt...I'm still working on that 16 I got from your yard 10 years ago!
Old 09-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Biggus
Thanks for the input. I'm at a bit of a quandry, like the idea of a project but realize how fast you can be upside down with the older stuff.

On the other hand, one can just spend all the money you would have into the finished project and buy a fresh T/S, make the payments and just go boating...
It's a tough call Kurt. I bought my Cafe two years ago from a guy that had bought it just before the economy tanked. Excellent condition, new cockpit, and 20 hrs on new Zul Power in a hull with 120 hrs on it. We both new there was a big price adjustment in the market and I was paying what it was worth at the time.

Two years later and look at the trouble guys here have had selling their Cafe's - priced well under what I paid for mine. I could spend money on upgrades to make mine faster, but it will never ride as nice as a T/S.

Greg

Last edited by Frequency; 09-08-2011 at 08:15 PM. Reason: really bad grammar
Old 09-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered

That's good news guys...thanks for the update! Glad to hear my girl is still in good hands. The gun is prob worth somewhere in the 50s if the power is tired. I do like the 3As though...

Kurt...I'm still working on that 16 I got from your yard 10 years ago!
Glad to hear that old Donzi is still in the works Like to see it when finished!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd say mid to upper 50's is a fair number. Never know what your gonna get into with motors and drives.

The rotted seat base is alittle concerning too. Check floor and bulkhead to makr sure water didn't get there too.

Sell the 3a's and put the new Konrad 3 conversion to it with motor detuned to 800-850 and your gauranteed a reliable package.

My $.02
Old 09-09-2011, 09:31 PM
BRT
Registered

I don't want to get killed here but I would be in the area of 40k. That is unless you want to own it more than the guy wants to sell it.
It won't be worth more next year. A harsh lesson when I sold my 10 meter...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.