Add another Brutha to the Family!

Old 10-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
Is the boat going to be on GLOC?

Congratulations either way!
It will be everywhere. Roger seems to hit more lakes than anyone I know and all year around.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 273 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by carter38
What are you after?
There is a 21 cigarette that was offered, less power, as a partial trade against my 28 apache sale and I couldn't refuse.

I think it maybe Frenzy???????? The cig 21 raced by Scott Layman, but haven't confirmed. I say that because it was set up to be an inboard from the factory and looks like it was a race boat because of the crane hooks and the gauges were relocated to the dash.

Got an 19 month old now and another on the way so no more big boats for a while. Atleast with something cheap like this I can afford to take trips to poker runs and maybe venture up to grand lake every once in a while.
Attached Thumbnails Add another Brutha to the Family!-cig-21-project.jpg  

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 10-21-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats to the new owner!
Old 10-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
There is a 21 cigarette that was offered, less power, as a partial trade against my 28 apache sale and I couldn't refuse.

I think it maybe Frenzy???????? The cig 21 raced by Scott Layman, but haven't confirmed. I say that because it was set up to be an inboard from the factory and looks like it was a race boat because of the crane hooks and the gauges were relocated to the dash.

Got an 19 month old now and another on the way so no more big boats for a while. Atleast with something cheap like this I can afford to take trips to poker runs and maybe venture up to grand lake every once in a while.
Well good luck with it. It looks like a nice little clean boat. You know now your going to get hooked on the cigs after you own one lol. Let us know if you ever make it down to grand.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Texoma, That's my old boat. I sold it back 1994 ish...It had the V8 outboard from Cig and the original race trailer when I sold it to a guy in Houston. The guy I bought it from said that Scott raced it but I was never able to confirm. But with the heavy duty race gear that it came with it was surely raced by someone. I was also told it was "FRENZY".. No proof...It should have some damage just in front of the windshield if it was mine. I bought it just after it was somewhat repaired...I had a lot of fun in that boat....
Old 10-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 273 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Shalom
Hey Texoma, That's my old boat. I sold it back 1994 ish...It had the V8 outboard from Cig and the original race trailer when I sold it to a guy in Houston. The guy I bought it from said that Scott raced it but I was never able to confirm. But with the heavy duty race gear that it came with it was surely raced by someone. I was also told it was "FRENZY".. No proof...It should have some damage just in front of the windshield if it was mine. I bought it just after it was somewhat repaired...I had a lot of fun in that boat....
No chit!! Man I love this forum. Sent you a PM.

I think it may have changed hands in Houston. This guy bought it on a two boat deal and never finished it. When he bought it the transom had been replaced and heavily reinforced and never was put back together. Would like to know more about the damage. Its kind of a mess right now, but it will get there. Whats the deal with "smokin" on the side of it? This is the 2nd 21 cig I've seen called "smokin." The other one was converted to an inboard. I wonder if they both belonged to Scott Layman.
Attached Thumbnails Add another Brutha to the Family!-cig-21-project-2.jpg   Add another Brutha to the Family!-cig-21-project-3.jpg  

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 10-27-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No chit!! Man I love this forum. Sent you a PM.

I think it may have changed hands in Houston. This guy bought it on a two boat deal and never finished it. When he bought it the transom had been replaced and heavily reinforced and never was put back together. Would like to know more about the damage. Its kind of a mess right now, but it will get there. Whats the deal with "smokin" on the side of it? This is the 2nd 21 cig I've seen called "smokin." The other one was converted to an inboard. I wonder if they both belonged to Scott Layman.
I see that someone took the over sized k-planes off, Lathem steering, and the dash looks different from original. I will see if I can find an old photo with the original dash set up. And man that out board looks little....compared to the the Johnson 350 HP ( after some work) V8 that was on it from the factory.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I really wanted to buy that boat. Unfortunately the planets didn't align. Wasn't that "Eviltwins" boat from NY?
Yes, Evil Twin is who I was referring to.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

Congratulations Roger!!!

It was a pleasure doing business with you, enjoy the TG!!!

Brett

Performance Boat Brokerage
Old 11-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think this is the OB to I/O conversion....
Attached Thumbnails Add another Brutha to the Family!-30_3.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.