Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
So what is this boat really worth in this market? >

So what is this boat really worth in this market?

Notices

So what is this boat really worth in this market?

Old 12-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tcelano
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o42966-en.html

This is what $98k could get you, and this hasn't even sold yet.
Yeah, but then you'd have to spend $10k or more for new paint. Don't get me wrong, great power and drives but the paint just ruins it IMHO.

Thanks for all the advice!
Old 12-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

I've seen this boat in person in KW a couple times...The photo's are right on par with how clean it is!

I hate these types of threads though (no offense). I mean, the old saying rings very true: "it's worth what someone will pay for it"...You hear this saying all the time but the translation to me could be simplified to "ones man junk is another mans gold" (not saying this boat is junk by any means)....But someone might be willing to pay the higher than market asking price because it is perfectly mechanically sound, above par cafe that will provide years of trouble free boating (assuming)....Maybe someone's ideal boat has to have a full cabin, not a cover girl....Maybe someone really likes attention to detail and all the little nick nacks that make this thing so sweet.

So, in the end....It's worth what it's worth to someone that really wants it.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Tank + 1 bud. Not downing the boat one bit but its a stright bottom for TS pricing. Believe me id love to have it I always check it out when i look through the classi's. My boat is a straight bottom and not worth a ton but i lay the ditch i dug but im content. But the hardware in this boat is where its at.
-Mike
Old 12-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Tank + 1 bud. Not downing the boat one bit but its a stright bottom for TS pricing. Believe me id love to have it I always check it out when i look through the classi's. My boat is a straight bottom and not worth a ton but i lay the ditch i dug but im content. But the hardware in this boat is where its at.
-Mike
Oh, I know and I agree. That's why I said (and was sincere)no offense. I guess my point is that there's two sides to it and different variables. Look how T/S's (and straight bottoms) are all over the market - many factors affect that (drives/power/hours/condition/etc.). I don't know the owner of this boat, don't have a Cafe (or any other boat) for sale and don't have a poney in this race but truly think "what's it worth" is a very vague question. May just be worth the asking price to someone that really likes it. Take Apaches for example. 30 Y/O technology that is demanding prices more than T/S prices?? But they sell.

So again, it'll sell at the price or it will sit. In the end, I'm just playing devils advocate and making conversation of the flip side to the question posed.

Last edited by thisistank; 12-02-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Quite simply it is worth what the owner and buyer agree on, you can sit and compare it to everything you want and if the owner doesn't want to sell it, it wont happen... Keep in mind, just like the car business "there is an ass for every seat"... while the bottom feeders on this board that continually knock prices down, there is the guy that is quietly saving or working his bank to make it happen as he sees the value in the boat.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Quite simply it is worth what the owner and buyer agree on, you can sit and compare it to everything you want and if the owner doesn't want to sell it, it wont happen... Keep in mind, just like the car business "there is an ass for every seat"... while the bottom feeders on this board that continually knock prices down, there is the guy that is quietly saving or working his bank to make it happen as he sees the value in the boat.
There are botom feeders on this board?
Old 12-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Man this Cafe is nicest i've seen. Has done a lot of updates to make it look more modern.

Did Cigarette change the dash or is it custom? i like how the gauge panel goes all the way over to the edge.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by tcelano
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o42966-en.html

This is what $98k could get you, and this hasn't even sold yet.
Exactly!!!!!!

It's sad what has happened to the boat prices...but there's not much that we can do about it right now except enjoy our boats!!!

I think that I may have been able to get between 115-120K for my boat 4 years ago. Today..... I'd be thrilled to get 90K for it.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:58 PM
BRT
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pm203
There are botom feeders on this board?
Sounds like a curse word?

I was called a "Low baller" not to long ago. Bothered me so much I slept only seven hours that night instead of eight...

Try not to take it too seriously. I do not set out to offend people with stuff for sale.

I sold one four years ago. Got beat up on the price alittle but the cold reality was that its not going to be worth more the next year. Point being, if someone is serious about selling a toy, it'll be priced to move not just boost an ego.

That said, I'm looking again- such a fool...

I'm sorry if I offended anyone- Bryan
Old 12-03-2011, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Exactly!!!!!!

It's sad what has happened to the boat prices...but there's not much that we can do about it right now except enjoy our boats!!!
Either that, or pick up some of these deals!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.