Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
So what is this boat really worth in this market? >

So what is this boat really worth in this market?

Notices

So what is this boat really worth in this market?

Old 12-05-2011, 05:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

The boat is truly excellent, not the typical MINT piece you travel a thousand miles to see and are let down by. The dash was built by myself and the owner. It glows in the sun. The gps is where it should be, not bass boat bolted to the dash top. The engine bay is full of bling, the wipples are ausome. Big stereo. Updates have been continous for the last 7 years. The boat is very, very nice.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 02-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The boat sold and brought all the money. Congradulations to the new owner..
Old 02-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Good for him. I guess all the experts were wrong again. Congrats to the new owner, looks like a beautiful boat.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Selling the Cafe was a real learning experience for me. Like the original poster in this thread, I wondered, in this economy, what's it really worth? Fortunately for me, I had some invaluable support from my Cigarette brothers. To a man they all said,"you're selling chicken salad not chicken sh!t, stick to your price. If you can get someone to see the boat in person, they will see the value".
During the two and a half months it was listed, the people that inquired fell into two categories (three if you count the scam artist that went so far as to send a fake check). The first group, like some of the posters on this thread, wanted to be sure I understood how bad the market is, how financing is impossible, that no one wanted an old "straight bottom" and wanted to tell me about a "similar" boat that sold for half my price. The second group was made up of those that actually looked at the boat. The most frequent comment I heard from these folks was "this boat is REALLY IN GREAT SHAPE, you should see some of the junk people are advertising as "mint"!
Today, the new owner took delivery of the boat. He had good credit and had no problems obtaining financing. He wanted a solid, comfortable, Cigarette quality ride and was willing to pay a fair price. He got a great boat.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Excellent post.

Now we will see what MRP 357 starts on next
Old 02-21-2012, 06:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrpickett357
Selling the Cafe was a real learning experience for me. Like the original poster in this thread, I wondered, in this economy, what's it really worth? Fortunately for me, I had some invaluable support from my Cigarette brothers. To a man they all said,"you're selling chicken salad not chicken sh!t, stick to your price. If you can get someone to see the boat in person, they will see the value".
During the two and a half months it was listed, the people that inquired fell into two categories (three if you count the scam artist that went so far as to send a fake check). The first group, like some of the posters on this thread, wanted to be sure I understood how bad the market is, how financing is impossible, that no one wanted an old "straight bottom" and wanted to tell me about a "similar" boat that sold for half my price. The second group was made up of those that actually looked at the boat. The most frequent comment I heard from these folks was "this boat is REALLY IN GREAT SHAPE, you should see some of the junk people are advertising as "mint"!
Today, the new owner took delivery of the boat. He had good credit and had no problems obtaining financing. He wanted a solid, comfortable, Cigarette quality ride and was willing to pay a fair price. He got a great boat.
Excellent post.....
Old 02-21-2012, 11:42 AM
mmb
Registered

I thought the price was ok... That boat had some NICE supercharged efi engines in it! EFI being the key word!

What was top speed anyways? 90mph
Old 02-22-2012, 07:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zero Patience
The boat sold and brought all the money. Congradulations to the new owner..
A 95' Cafe brought 99K ?? someones hitting the
Old 02-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tanner
A 95' Cafe brought 99K ?? someones hitting the
But it was really nice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.