Noise and Neighbors >

Noise and Neighbors

Notices

Noise and Neighbors

Old 12-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise and Neighbors

WE are down in Florida on the West Coast enjoying a little boating time in the Gulf.. We have recently bought a Condo and am renting Dock space from the Association President.. WE are the proud owners of a 1984 Cigarette Mistress.WE also have neighbors that complain about the noise every time we start the boat to go out. I do my best to be polite and come off the lift and shut the engines off until the lift is raised out of the water. WE try to be considerate but are still getting complaints from the same people or person. Is it time to look into mufflers or do I as a boater also have some rights? We never go out early or come back late.. Your suggestions are appreciated with this matter..
Old 12-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Add some turndowns to your exhaust. Quiet when in the neighborhood, at idle, around the docks. Just as loud as always when out running on plane.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:50 PM
Registered

WTF. I hate people that complain about noise when they are the ones that bought a condo on the water with docks. Just like the azz holes that buy a house in the flight path of an airport and then complain about noisey planes. Then there are the ones who buy a house next to a race track and then complain about noisey race cars. It's a bunch of I tell you. I say as long as it is within reasonable hours, not real early and not real late, MAKE ALL THE DAMN NOISE YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!!!! Last time I checked Florida is still part of America. A FREE country.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:43 AM
Registered

If you are doing all the things you said to control it and you are in compliance with law's in Florida...then I would just let them deal with it. As a kid when I seen a powerboat passing I would always stare and get all caught up in the whole WOW moment because of them being so big and loud(funny how I still do this today). I would Always say to myself "I'm going to get one of these one day".... Adding the mufflers or turndown's that's up to you, But it is an option at your expense $$$.
I say celebrate them for what they are...Just my thoughts on it

Last edited by joe27baja; 12-20-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:58 AM
Registered

u can spend the money and put mufflers and turn downs on it and not like the sound afterwords and the tree huggen basters will still complain !! then what ?
Old 12-20-2011, 06:20 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Those neighbors you have shouldnt be complaining since they are the ones who chose who live next to the water. So dont be bothered about their complaints...just keep firin her up and lettin the engines rumble
BTW: If you can, get a video of her firing up and running....im sure we all would like to see that
Old 12-20-2011, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I totally understand respecting your neighbors and keeping them, within limits, happy. They should also understand they live on water and there is more than birds and fish that also live there.

I would ask your home owners association what they consider reasonable noise for a boat coming in and out of your marina and if they see a need to address your situation.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Registered

Tell them to buy some earplugs if the noise bothers them
Old 12-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Next time they complain I'd ask them if they want to buy you a set of mufflers or turn downs. Don't live your life trying to appease others. Its a waist of time........
Old 12-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

If you do not leave super early in the am and do not come back late, I would do nothing. If they cannot take a little noise during the day, they should move.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.