Winter project - Motors/Bilge >

Winter project - Motors/Bilge

Notices

Winter project - Motors/Bilge

Old 01-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
They are getting a freshen up new set of Dart aluminum heads little port and polish, new exhaust, going through the blowers and the injection. Power will be between 750-800hp. They are 540's with 6-71 blowers so they will only run 3-4 psi of boost so a milder set up. I am limited by the XR drives. I am excited to get it done. By the way great job on your boat I have been following your progress along the way.
Motors look gorgeous and sounds like you will have a super reliable package...with just enough kick

Originally Posted by sonic700
Alittle bit from my project. I used silicone to attach the L.e.ds. I put them on the inside flat part of the upper deck and turned the led in its housing to shine on the engine. I will find out where i got them from and let you know.
Looks good sonic! Let me know on the LED's...I'm thinking of running a 10" or 20" strip up under the gunnels on the sides and front and back...not really sure if that will be overkill or not enough.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonmd2
Motors look gorgeous and sounds like you will have a super reliable package...with just enough kick

Looks good sonic! Let me know on the LED's...I'm thinking of running a 10" or 20" strip up under the gunnels on the sides and front and back...not really sure if that will be overkill or not enough.
I used some single High Intensity Blue LED's. They come ready to mount with 2 sided tape. I put 4 in my white bilge. It light everything, and they are tiny. They run about $24.00 a piece but well worth it because of the size and options.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Registered

I was thinking about going with these, either 10" or 20" strip

SeaMaster, waterproof and USCG approved ignition proof...that seems like an important thing since they'll be in the bilge
Attached Thumbnails Winter project - Motors/Bilge-seamasterpromo-075075.jpg  
Old 01-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

You can never have to many lights. I have 5 ten inch tubes. The set i have all plug into one main harness so no splicing. They can stay one color, change multiple colors, strobe, or go to the beat of the radio. My buddy got them for me so hes working on finding out where he got them.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

jbraun, rebar what did you guys use to clean/degrease the bilge before painting?
I used an industrial degreaser called wipe out. I buy it by the drum and use the chit out of it at our apartment community. It's really strong and works great but kind of hard to find. Any good degreaser will work though. Then I sanded with some 220 and wiped everything down with laquer thinner. After all that everything is nice and clean and ready to go.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Smith Power is building our motors. He's building naturally asperated 632 C.I. deno'ed at 746 HP and 770 torque (first motor), haven't heard results on second yet.

Brad is painting the bilge for me so I am not sure on the cleaner/degreaser he used.

We decided to just shatter our piggy bank and do full paint and dash upgrades as well.

A couple pics...

Or you can follow the whole paint via:
http://midwestboatparty.com/forum/sh...Boat-Brokerage

I hope to have more pics of paint, bilge and motors in a few weeks.
Attached Images      
Old 01-13-2012, 06:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sonic700
You can never have to many lights. I have 5 ten inch tubes. The set i have all plug into one main harness so no splicing. They can stay one color, change multiple colors, strobe, or go to the beat of the radio. My buddy got them for me so hes working on finding out where he got them.
Good to know sonic...I guess I'll probably go with the 4 20" strips then. But let me know where you got yours, I'd be interested in checking them out before I buy.

Originally Posted by jbraun2828
I used an industrial degreaser called wipe out. I buy it by the drum and use the chit out of it at our apartment community. It's really strong and works great but kind of hard to find. Any good degreaser will work though. Then I sanded with some 220 and wiped everything down with laquer thinner. After all that everything is nice and clean and ready to go.
Yeah I was told to use "The Purple Stuff" degreaser but can't find it locally so I was going to use "Grez-Off", I can pick that up right by my work...should do the trick. Did you hand sand or use a DA?

Originally Posted by RebarBox
Smith Power is building our motors. He's building naturally asperated 632 C.I. deno'ed at 746 HP and 770 torque (first motor), haven't heard results on second yet.

Brad is painting the bilge for me so I am not sure on the cleaner/degreaser he used.

We decided to just shatter our piggy bank and do full paint and dash upgrades as well.

A couple pics...

Or you can follow the whole paint via:
http://midwestboatparty.com/forum/sh...Boat-Brokerage

I hope to have more pics of paint, bilge and motors in a few weeks.
Wow rebar, 632's Nice! That's awesome, good luck with them. The boat looks great! Keep up the good work
Old 01-13-2012, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

I was thinking about going with these, either 10" or 20" strip

SeaMaster, waterproof and USCG approved ignition proof...that seems like an important thing since they'll be in the bilge
The High Intensity ones that I was talking about are fully sealed. This is a picture of 2 of them in my TOP GUN. They are the size of a Nickel.
Attached Thumbnails Winter project - Motors/Bilge-neon.jpg  
Old 01-13-2012, 07:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cigrocket
The High Intensity ones that I was talking about are fully sealed. This is a picture of 2 of them in my TOP GUN. They are the size of a Nickel.
cigrocket do you have a link or anything? Also do you know if they come in purple? That's been a problem too, finding them in purple, everyone has white, red, blue, etc but not purple.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Hey Guys. I am Sonic700's buddy. I got him these led's. I have them in my Bilge and my cockpit. Couple seasons on them now. Only real issue with them is the mounting clips are plastic, and not the greatest. I plan to replace the clips that fasten the round led tubes, with those insulated clamps, like the ones that fasten your 1 1/4" strainer hoses to the stringers. I forget what they call them, but they are available in all sizes.

The LED's from this place are super cheap, work well, and the plug in junction box is really nice. No splicing and all that stuff.

http://www.ledunderbody.com/Expandab...rior-Kits.aspx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.