Interest in smaller basic cig CC?

Notices

Interest in smaller basic cig CC?

Old 03-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
TS vice hull with bracket and 350 verados would be nice
+1, with extended cockpit and full cabin (but no nead to get fancy with it).

Active Thunder was ahead of the game when they launched the 33 AT with Twin OB that ran close to 70. Thats where I would put my money.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 282 Likes on 136 Posts

I think if gas prices go through the roof, the only BBC based type of boat that will hold decent value are the ones with NA EFI motors. It just takes the fun out of it when you run hard for an hour and burn $1000 worth of fuel......
Old 03-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
+1, with extended cockpit and full cabin (but no nead to get fancy with it).

Active Thunder was ahead of the game when they launched the 33 AT with Twin OB that ran close to 70. Thats where I would put my money.

so say twin 300 verados

30 hull with bracket

both the CC and sport deck run virtually the same... speed ride and handling

why would u want a sport deck instead of a more user friendly CC?
why close off half the useful space of the boat?
Old 03-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dreamer
so say twin 300 verados

30 hull with bracket

both the CC and sport deck run virtually the same... speed ride and handling

why would u want a sport deck instead of a more user friendly CC?
why close off half the useful space of the boat?
Because I live in TX where it gets really hot. Like 100+ for months. If they can extend the cockpit and still squeeze in a generator with AC it would suit my needs.......not that I could afford a new boat right now. Where we boat it gets so hot that heat exhaustion is a real concern not just for older folks but kids too. Something like this would allow you to escape the heat and stay on the water longer. It would also allow you to overnight rather confortably.........again maximizing time on the water. It could also work well for northen boaters......as a cabin boat would be more confortable to run in cold weather than an open CC. I repectfully disagree that CC are more user friendly...........it all depends on what you want to use it for. Now if you plan on fishing all day or doing short day trips with large groups it would definitely be more user friendly, but if you want to overnight with family or just get out of the heat your screwed.

There's really no need to choose between an open or closed deck. You can have a CC with a generous cabin at 33ft, but not 30ft. Concept, sonic and a few others all coming out with CC under 36ft with good sized cabins. My favorite is the 33 oceanhawk, but they haven't built one in a while.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Registered

I think we as a boating community should push builders to give more real options, picking colors and drivetrain does not count.

If I was to build this 30ft Cig it would have three different decks:
1) One for sterndrive application; with cabin
2) One with an open cockpit and OB's; build it with the option of a CC or Side consoles. It must have a self bailing cockpit, no exceptions.
3) One with a cabin for OB applications with extended cockpit. Give the customer the option of extending the cockpit or leaving it as is.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 03-02-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

There is a lot of competition in that category.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Interceptor
There is a lot of competition in that category.
Answer to one of my questions

Why would cig bother
Old 03-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

30 foot boat with Verados is an asssssss heavy boat
Old 03-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As much as I'd love, love, love to see it....

It only cost a little bit more to build it a little bigger and be able to charge a LOT more.

30' at $200K is $6667/foot
35' at $300K is $8571/foot

Now how much extra is that 5' really costing? At the 30' price of $6667/foot it would cost an extra $33,335 which leaves $66,665 on the table.

Here are a few ideas I have for my next CC:

Bow and transom seats in most CC's don't have enough angle. 90 degrees gives more floor space and leg room but aren't comfortable. Lay them back some to make them comfortable.

Some sort of pole hole that a table post can go in at the bow so you can sit in the bow seats and have a table. I'm picturing like a Foruma 330SS cabin up front, table can be there or lower and cushions put on it to become a bow sunpad (in Formula becomes the bed). Obviously this pole should extend to become a stripper pole, with a weight limit. Think of it as a seat belt, if a big ol' gal gets on board you have protections in place in case you are about to make a bad move. She breaks the table, you need to break off.

I'm not sure how to explain this one but some sort of roll top door that comes out of the bow. Provides deck space during the day and then roll top can make a cabin at night. Lower the above table and that becomes the bed. I'm thinking hard white plastic but could be like a tent or some thing as well. Some thing simple for those that just need cover for sleeping on the hook. Maybe could do some sort of cover from the bow to the t-top or radar arch. I don't know, haven't refined this idea yet.

Rocket launcher (fishin pole holder) near the transom with some sort of pole coming up to help with boarding. I'm thinking like a ski pole put in it for a visual. Grab handles mounted on the top of the cowlings could help as well. Walk thru transoms are nice but with the bracket lower than the hullsides and the outboard stuff coming from the bracket to the engines I think it would be nice to put things in place to kind of guide people (non-boaters, chicks for the pole, etc).

I know of a 30' CC with Vrod 300's that runs very nice at 82MPH so I don't really agree with the 300's being that assss heavy. IIRC 300 Vrods are around 630LBS which is 110LBS more than a 300XS but remember the XS's have remote oil tanks, remote trim pumps, etc so I wonder what the real difference at the transom really is.

Sorry to semi hijack, I have so many ideas I'd love to see I kind of get going when I think about it..
Old 03-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Registered

MM
39 TG CC t300 is 299k

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.