Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Team USA Gladiator >

Team USA Gladiator

Notices

Team USA Gladiator

Old 03-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Na.. Just kidding.. Thought about it though. Just sold my Gun, think I'll wait things out and see how the economy and the elections do at the end of the year. If we get a new president I'll buy something, if not, I'm going to hunker down for a wild ride for the next four years.

Sorry to hear about your motors, that's a nice looking Glad. Always liked it, must have passed it 50 to a 100 times coming out of the channel, always on the lift though, never saw the guy run it.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tim mccray
Na.. Just kidding.. Thought about it though. Just sold my Gun, think I'll wait things out and see how the economy and the elections do at the end of the year. If we get a new president I'll buy something, if not, I'm going to hunker down for a wild ride for the next four years.

Sorry to hear about your motors, that's a nice looking Glad. Always liked it, must have passed it 50 to a 100 times coming out of the channel, always on the lift though, never saw the guy run it.
i agree.

yeah. i was really disappointed, considering who the selling dealer was.

who sold your boat? philly?

where did it go?
Old 03-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Registered

Well if you don't want to post who the dealer was.. Then I guess I'll have to call you as I'm driving down to the SCOPE kick off party to find out. Yep Phil sold the boat, it sold in the first week of being listed. Kind of miss it, was a great boat, best most reliable one I've had yet. I'd like to get back into a 42 or maybe pick up a 46 next. I'll give you a ring in a few hours..
Old 03-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Registered

Forgot, it went up the east coast somewhere, there's a picture of the new happy and proud owners on Phil's site, under news or his Facebook tab..
Old 03-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe who has God Speed The Nasty Habit boat You bought from Johnny Mac. I sure miss that boat. An Johnny Mac. R.I.P This is Artie. I was with Him all the time. Hope Your doing great.
Attached Thumbnails Team USA Gladiator-key-west-poker-run.jpg  

Last edited by akaboatman; 03-13-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

sold it to someone here locally that i new and then he sold it to a gentleman who lives up north. i don't believe he's on here. nice guy. if he wants to chime in, i'll leave that to him.

hope you are doing well. i do remember meeting you in destin, the last year JM was there.

joe

ps: man, have we hijacked this thread!!!! :-)
Old 03-16-2012, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by akaboatman
Joe who has God Speed The Nasty Habit boat You bought from Johnny Mac. I sure miss that boat. An Johnny Mac. R.I.P This is Artie. I was with Him all the time. Hope Your doing great.

damn did we enjoy that boat and the sound system was the chit!!!!.......going out haulover in let and running at night in the keys....those were the days
Old 03-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Registered

Thanks Joe. Yes the sound system was the chit. I really miss that boat. Thanks Artie
Old 03-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Premier Perf
damn did we enjoy that boat and the sound system was the chit!!!!.......going out haulover in let and running at night in the keys....those were the days
yeah, have spent quite a bit of "updating" time on this gladiator - dash, gps, stereo, drives, gimbles, headers, wet sanding the boat and trailer, and more... modernizing it.

it still amazes me that the dealer who sold me this boat will not stand behind his word, as well as his ad posting (which he changed after i brought this to his attention -- Nice!!!!), stating the boat had fresh motors. this is someone i thought i knew very well and had established a friendship.... as well as someone that knows i'm looking to buy another poker run boat?????? --- would have already if the bugs were out of these new turbo motors.

sure would be nice if he'd do the right thing and send me a check for the 13k i spent having the motors "freshened." i spent additional money having them made into 540's, which is on me, obviously, and i am not looking to be compensated.

point is, i was happy with the speed of the boat, and after tres shared his Virgin Gladiator set-up that he ran on his race boat, it now rides 100% better (thanks brad / tres!!!!)

i decided to make these motors 540's b/c we now had to go into them due to false advertisement/ water in the cylinders, intake rotted, one off-brand valve ---- basically, rotted, worn out motors --- which, regardless of whether the dealer was taking the word of the person he took the boat on trade from, no one forced him to posture the boat as coming with fresh motors. it would have been completely fine to have just stated 140 hrs, as per the hour meters. then it would simply have been 'buyer beware,' as with any purchase of a used boat....

bottom line, it's 12k... which is not my main issue. i am just very disappointed with this dealer's level of integrity and not standing behind what he advertised and told me the boat was....

the ad also stated 600 HP, which he told me he wasn't certain was factual, as per the seller. again, i told the dealer the HP/speed was not what this boat was about. i was looking for a daily-driver to put behind the house and run around at 70 MPH or so on the evenings/ weekends. this is the perfect boat for that.

i am more offended than anything. it is clear that not everyone is as interested in their reputation and doing the right thing as they are in making money, or not losing money selling a boat. lesson learned!!!! --- there is apparently no friendship in the boat business. buyer beware, regardless!!!!!!!!!! sad.

i do feel bad. i've had a great experience with everyone who works for him, and have become pretty good friends over the years with his salesman. we all have been there.... having to suck it up and write a check we didn't plan on writing....

enough ranting for now!!!!!

joe
Old 03-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Registered

Why so secretive on who the dealer is? And let the Offshore Community decide who they want to do business with.

Maybe it will help others to be more cautious with certain business folks that are not straight forward around here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.