Mystique or Vise >

Mystique or Vise

Notices

Mystique or Vise

Old 03-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by tcwcar
i bought boat last may, ended up redoing the hole thing, but i got it for a good price...just got done re painting it, the motors are out getting rebuilt it to 509s with 335 afr heads and stage 2 whipples, and sportmaster 2" shortys....cant wait.....
By any chance, was your boat owned by an older guy from Maine? There was a 2000 Mystique up here on Sebago Lake for about 5 yrs. (2000-05) exact same paint, 500EFI's. He had it hauled to Florida about 7 yrs back.

Kurt
Old 03-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

i bought boat last may, ended up redoing the hole thing, but i got it for a good price...just got done re painting it, the motors are out getting rebuilt it to 509s with 335 afr heads and stage 2 whipples, and sportmaster 2" shortys....cant wait.....
sounds awesome, you need to post some pics of the machine with the updates!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kurt i never meet the guy, but i think it might have been there was a Maine reg sticker on it and the trailer had Maine reg....it was a bad move on my part, trusted the surveyor, one mans 9.5 out of 10 is not another mans, but i had 10k deposit on it and i would of lost it if i back out, all the money i have in it i could of had a twin step gun by now...but i love the size of the mystique, and if i can get the porpise issue tamed down i think it will be pretty fast, and i redid everything so it will almost like a new boat....
Old 03-21-2012, 05:05 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Kurt i never meet the guy, but i think it might have been there was a Maine reg sticker on it and the trailer had Maine reg....it was a bad move on my part, trusted the surveyor, one mans 9.5 out of 10 is not another mans, but i had 10k deposit on it and i would of lost it if i back out, all the money i have in it i could of had a twin step gun by now...but i love the size of the mystique, and if i can get the porpise issue tamed down i think it will be pretty fast, and i redid everything so it will almost like a new boat....
Small world. I did some work on that boat. The original owner lost a sea pump, stayed in the throttles, overheated it so bad the transom was on fire and the halon system went off! We pulled the motors and sent it to NE Fiberglass for transom repair, along with many other components. After it was back together, I spent an afternoon on the lake with the owners brother. It went to FL shortly after that.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

with the added horsepower it may porpoise even more, may want to try some boxes or convert it to ITS, getting the drives farther back will help some, it will want to pull wheelies all the time lol...good luck with it
Old 03-21-2012, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
with the added horsepower it may porpoise even more, may want to try some boxes or convert it to ITS, getting the drives farther back will help some, it will want to pull wheelies all the time lol...good luck with it
that is what i thought too, but after talking to Cigarette, and Phil at Lipship, Phil said the last thing you would want to do is put boxes on it. It would make it an even worse lever.

I have roughly 630hp in my Mystique, and what cured the porpose for me was shorties and additional blades on props, plus prop work.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer35
that is what i thought too, but after talking to Cigarette, and Phil at Lipship, Phil said the last thing you would want to do is put boxes on it. It would make it an even worse lever.

I have roughly 630hp in my Mystique, and what cured the porpose for me was shorties and additional blades on props, plus prop work.
cool, good to hear, how is planing with the shorties?
Old 03-22-2012, 07:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
cool, good to hear, how is planing with the shorties?
planning, suprisingly, is just as easy with the shorties, part of me thinks i could go shorter... Planing only becomes an issue for my set up when i begin cutting off half or more of the diffuser ring.. Its a little tougher then, with some blow out, but worth 2-3 mph
Old 03-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

I think there is a mystique for sale in miami, believe its listed on yachtworld.com, been listed for a while. Haven't seen any vise's for sale. Both are hard to come by, but a great a package for a 30' boat. I've enjoyed every minute on mine. Good luck with your search.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:23 PM
Registered

Anyone know where the ts 496 boat is? Was up in toronto area for sale few years ago

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.