Top Gun Windshield replacement Lexan?

Notices

Top Gun Windshield replacement Lexan?

Old 06-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Who sells them? Lip-Ship? Cigarette?

Mine has some scratches in it. Does anyone sell just the Lexan piece or do I have to take the existing one somewhere and have it fabricated?

Thanks in advance,
Craig
Hey OldSchool, did you end up buying a new windscreen? I'd be curious how much it cost. Mine broke over the winter right where one of the screws attaches it. Straight break perfectly vertical, I guess it was stressed at that attachment point for some reason.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

mine broke as well, just had one made for 250 bucks in Beltsville.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

SoFlo price.....$375
Old 06-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

The military stuff is not turtlewax... I don't know what it is but I wish I had more. A friend of mine back in San Diego painted F-14's and F-18's at NAS North Island. He gave me a pint of military plastic polish that they use on the canopys. Stuff was like water but did miracles. very little rubbing at all and it took out all kinds of scratches. Those fancy headlight refresh kits ,,, this stuff would take the worst headlight and make it look like new with no more rubbing than you would do waxing a car.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had one made for mine $120 up her in Harrisburg Pa. they did polish and chamfer the edges, and angle the back bottom edge, it is 3/8 thick, I did not have them drill the holes I wasn't finish painting the frame,, when I gave them the pattern for the for the windscreen, or they would have drilled the holes also....
Old 06-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tcwcar
Just had one made for mine $120 up her in Harrisburg Pa. they did polish and chamfer the edges, and angle the back bottom edge, it is 3/8 thick, I did not have them drill the holes I wasn't finish painting the frame,, when I gave them the pattern for the for the windscreen, or they would have drilled the holes also....
That's a good price. Tinted? Also, is it difficult to drill without cracking it?
Old 06-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Banned

Thanks to all who replied. I guess I'm a little surprised there is such a difference in prices.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:53 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by HeavyP
That's a good price. Tinted? Also, is it difficult to drill without cracking it?
they would of drilled it for me, but I didn't have the holes drilled in the frame I made yet, so I didn't have them in the pattern I gave to them, when your drill plastic just have to drill it slow and keep it cool....if you want there number let me know, I'm sure they have tinted or can get it, hell they even made and machined and drilled the plastic step plates/cupholders on the sides of the seats, and the step plates on the top of the gunwale, they charged me about $250 to make all 6 of those pieces...Just to let everyone know, I'm not a salesman for these guys, just in the process of rebuilding my boat, and when good price come along, (and that's far and few between in this hobby) I figure I should let my Cig brothers know....Joe
Old 06-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tcwcar
they would of drilled it for me, but I didn't have the holes drilled in the frame I made yet, so I didn't have them in the pattern I gave to them, when your drill plastic just have to drill it slow and keep it cool....if you want there number let me know, I'm sure they have tinted or can get it, hell they even made and machined and drilled the plastic step plates/cupholders on the sides of the seats, and the step plates on the top of the gunwale, they charged me about $250 to make all 6 of those pieces...Just to let everyone know, I'm not a salesman for these guys, just in the process of rebuilding my boat, and when good price come along, (and that's far and few between in this hobby) I figure I should let my Cig brothers know....Joe
Make sure when you go to drill it to raise it up a bit so it's not resting directly on the boat a buisness card works great. If it sits on the boat it will squeak and drive you carzy.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:07 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by carter38
Make sure when you go to drill it to raise it up a bit so it's not resting directly on the boat a buisness card works great. If it sits on the boat it will squeak and drive you carzy.
Carter are you talking about the frame that holds the windscreen??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.