1994 Top Gun- What Truck?

Old 04-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfarmer
Ur Truck Aint **** till you can hang a hammock under it..LMAO

And That's What You Call A Hitch..!!!
that thing is pretty sick. Is it on 44'S

Reminds me of my suburban I had for a while on 42's. Fun, but a PITA. Sold it when we got the Gun.
Attached Thumbnails 1994 Top Gun- What Truck?-00000020.jpg   1994 Top Gun- What Truck?-00000026.jpg  
Old 04-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Only on OSO will a F450/F550 not be enough to move a 38 TG, you "need" a sportchassis or F650! Let's not forget most will want/need 4x4 for those slippery ramps, so for around $100k you should be able to find a used truck to tow the flat bottom TG with!

Hell, you might even want to consider a full size Pete with 4wd conversion to pull such a monster!
because only on OSO do you find Big Ballers that think everyone can afford a truck that costs as much if not more than the boat it is pulling.

They dont realize not everyone makes 200+k a year
Old 04-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
because only on OSO do you find Big Ballers that think everyone can afford a truck that costs as much if not more than the boat it is pulling.

They dont realize not everyone makes 200+k a year
Don't get all but hurt, or take it personally, no body said you have to blow a bunch of money to buy a Sportchassis or F650. You can buy a nice used one for less than a new 1 ton from the big 3. And nobody said you absolutely have to have one. But it's difficult to be legal with a 1ton. It's that simple.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Registered

Talking

Oops forgot the smiley face..
Old 04-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tim mccray
Don't get all but hurt, or take it personally, no body said you have to blow a bunch of money to buy a Sportchassis or F650. You can buy a nice used one for less than a new 1 ton from the big 3. And nobody said you absolutely have to have one. But it's difficult to be legal with a 1ton. It's that simple.
Doesnt faze me, just that every thread here on towing always has the same result.
I totally agree that if you have the means to have 500k to 1 mil tied up in boats a 60k tow truck is peanuts but for guys like the poster asking the question that has an 80k(guessing) boat its just not reality.
As for me my $5000 E350 powerstroke boxtruck takes care of all my needs and will outpull a lot of those big boy models.

Last edited by HTRDLNCN; 04-19-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
Dont faze me, just that every thread here on owing always has the same result.
I totally agree that if you have the means to have 500k to 1 mil tied up in boats a 60k tow truck is peanuts but for guys like the poster asking the question that has an 80k(guessing) boat its just not reality.
As for me my $5000 E350 powerstroke boxtruck takes care of all my needs and will outpull a lot of those big boy models.
Yea, I head ya, I wouldn't have one either and never did till about 2 years ago. I thought if I could get away with a 350 dually then why not. Till I had some friends getting busted for towing out of class and rating by the CHP. The ticket are huge, average ticket was over 1k. And to top it off the cop wouldn't let any of them move the trailers or boats unless someone with the proper truck and license came out to do it. And if you don't know anyone, then you're screwed. I thought it was mainly California but the last time my boat got transported with my truck, with a driver, back to Lipship in North Miami, he got pulled over in two states and the cops wanted to see if he had the correct license. Apparently California isn't the only state hard up for cash...
Old 04-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Registered

Guess since mine looks commercial they dont bother me,
I do have a commercial cdl though,
its actually a hindrance sometimes here in Texas..
Damned if you do... thats all..
Old 04-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Registered

The CHP out here really started with the 5th wheel toy haulers. Then they moved to pulling the boats over and mainly on the 15 coming back from Havasu. They actually have a list of manufactures of the most popular trailers and if you didn't have the right truck pulling it they would pull you over. Then they started pulling over boats. And now, in parts of Southern California they're pulling over equipment trailers, loaded or empty and giving out tickets if the trailer is rated over 10k and you don't have a commercial or a non commercial class A endorsement. It's a bunch of BS but like I said, states hard up for cash, and they'll admit it will they're writing you up..
Old 04-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Registered

for RVs but sames applicable, tells you what each state requires
http://changingears.com/rv-sec-state-rv-license.shtml
Old 04-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Registered

Haven't seen that before, thanks for posting it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.