Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
38 top gun " Fierce allegiance" NEED YOUR HELP... WHAT DO YOU KNOW? >

38 top gun " Fierce allegiance" NEED YOUR HELP... WHAT DO YOU KNOW?

Notices

38 top gun " Fierce allegiance" NEED YOUR HELP... WHAT DO YOU KNOW?

Old 05-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Full disclosure: I know Jim the owner, and his family, very well... for years.

Jim moved up to the Top Gun from a 25 Outlaw. He was incredibly stoked about the boat when he got it. Unfortunately, he was forced to do some engine work. Well, his engine work turned out to be done by a very shoddy builder who ripped him off. He went through both engines, again, and this time it was all done TOP notch; and he literally stood over the top of them making sure of it.

He rebuilt the steel Target trailer, AND bought the brand new aluminum Myco which I bet has less than 1000 miles on it.

In the middle of all of this, his kids have gotten ridiculously active in sports, AND they all moved from NC/VA as lake boaters down to coastal FL. I know they would like to get into another boat better for family activities and tow sports.

The boat shows well, runs well, and has NO bad stories or history. It always draws a crowd. I've been on it a bunch of times. Jim is as straight and honest as they come, and you would be getting a helluva deal compared to the amount of money he has spent on this boat.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Full disclosure: I know Jim the owner, and his family, very well... for years.

Jim moved up to the Top Gun from a 25 Outlaw. He was incredibly stoked about the boat when he got it. Unfortunately, he was forced to do some engine work. Well, his engine work turned out to be done by a very shoddy builder who ripped him off. He went through both engines, again, and this time it was all done TOP notch; and he literally stood over the top of them making sure of it.

He rebuilt the steel Target trailer, AND bought the brand new aluminum Myco which I bet has less than 1000 miles on it.

In the middle of all of this, his kids have gotten ridiculously active in sports, AND they all moved from NC/VA as lake boaters down to coastal FL. I know they would like to get into another boat better for family activities and tow sports.

The boat shows well, runs well, and has NO bad stories or history. It always draws a crowd. I've been on it a bunch of times. Jim is as straight and honest as they come, and you would be getting a helluva deal compared to the amount of money he has spent on this boat.
I've read the posts and the boat looks clean and done right, its been for sale a while now. Good Luck!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful boat, love the paint scheme.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Registered

Well not as much feedback as I thought! Guess, I'm a trader! Sorry, guys buying a 2010 Sunsation xrt tomorrow! There are times that people make me say hummmmm!

Will share photos with you next week! Can't wait to spend the long weekend with my girl and a go fast once again! Life is good!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:05 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A Sunsation instead of a Cigarette?!?!?!

What more info did you want? Motors were redone properly, boat was cared for, new trailer, qwner was a stand up man, no BS - thus the info you got from the owner was solid and could be trusted. That boat was a VERY good buy.

I wish you great times; but a Sunny is no Cig.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 05-03-2012, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by BillR
A Sunsation instead of a Cigarette?!?!?!

What more info did you want? Motors were redone properly, boat was cared for, new trailer, qwner was a stand up man, no BS - thus the info you got from the owner was solid and could be trusted. That boat was a VERY good buy.

I wish you great times; but a Sunny is no Cig.
I think I threw up a little in my mouth.............lol! Just joking, good luck. I guess you can be the king of the sunsation forums??
Old 05-03-2012, 07:51 AM
SVT
Registered

Did you buy the all silver XRT with 502's? Also I love sunny's but honestly the XRT is really not my cup of tea. Cant stand the bubble deck on them at all.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Registered

I knew this was going to cause a stir on the board! Sorry guys! There were several reasons I made this decision. I agree this cig is awesome for the age and I can't understand why its still for sale. For 15k anyone could have a pretty sweet paint job! I personally like the paint but most everyone I shared with didn't???

I went with a sunny for several reasons. I didn't want to buy another tow vehicle, I wanted something a little smaller that I can rack store, I wanted something that was fast and reliable. Get in and go! Also, be able to put into my garage in the winter. I dont need a 35-38 to boat where I boat! Hell who knows maybe I'm making a mistake! That's life!

I am buying the blue one from hawkeye 2010. The gray one is a heck of a deal but its pretty plain IMO... There is a youtube video of this gray one that is pretty cool! 94 MPH! thats moving!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cigrocket
i think i threw up a little in my mouth.............lol! Just joking, good luck. I guess you can be the king of the sunsation forums??
lol
Old 05-03-2012, 08:44 PM
SVT
Registered

Originally Posted by buckeyefountain
lol
C'mon bro I pull a 38 TG with my Ecoboost FX4. But seriously sunny is a nice boat and very reliable power. U pretty much never need worry you will always be on the water instead of broke down. Personally I think they are. Big overpriced for a 32' boat but too each there own. You must really be a fan of the fighter pilot thing cause I just can't get on board that bandwagon. Congrats. Head over to substations site it's loaded with info as I'm sure you know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.