Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
2006 38 top gun on ebay!Buyers Beware it was sunk in saltwater >

2006 38 top gun on ebay!Buyers Beware it was sunk in saltwater

Notices

2006 38 top gun on ebay!Buyers Beware it was sunk in saltwater

Old 08-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

seems like it would be a pretty nice boat for us poor people who cant afford one at 2-3x the price. think i would rather have that one w/ "salt/sunk" gremlins that may arise than the issues from my current boat being 20 yrs old.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:07 AM
mmb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BDiggity
seems like it would be a pretty nice boat for us poor people who cant afford one at 2-3x the price. think i would rather have that one w/ "salt/sunk" gremlins that may arise than the issues from my current boat being 20 yrs old.

I feel the same way!!
Old 08-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I watched the entire 27 minute video, not doubting that it DID sink, however, whoever "cleaned it up" sure did a nice job, it looks spotless, even the bilge [what I could see was clean] couldn't really get a look at the bottom of the hull to see if it had been repaired, but, the seller "claims" its perfect.

I think its a really nice looking boat, at 78K its a good deal, but, as someone said earlier if it goes much higher, and it really did sink I would be nervous, nice looking boat though if you could buy for under 80K
Old 08-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

I might be a really great boat but the full history of it should be disclosed upfront so the perspective buyers can make an informed decision. It'll be interesting to see how much it goes for.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hank36
That use to be Customryders Gun.I rememeber when it was up for auction.I believe it sank last year or the year before .Buyers beware and hopefully seller discloses all that info to the new buyer..Good luck

I saw it on the web on feb.,salvagedirect.com had it..,,I think they took it out of the web, but found the old add link here it is below,I think the add said salt water

or search for it at google images under,,. (2006 cigarette auction) is the 4 th picture in the first line

https://www.google.com/search?q=2006...E-eC6QGE_YG4CQ
Old 08-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Registered

Bottom line seems like a shady seller... trying to be greedy and get the most out of it by not being honest. who knows what else they are not willing disclose.

just a thought.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
says mint in the title.
lol!
Old 08-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

A "seller" that refuses to disclose that a boat sunk or anything else major is on a par with an ambulace chasing lawyer.....
Old 08-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Registered

I got a responce from the seller, they explained to me from the top to bottom what the deal is with it. Most of you may not understand what marine products mean but here it is "resists salt water, battery acid, oil, gasoline and ultra-violet radiation". They did state it was bought through an auction, they did state that it did take on some water, they also stated that there is no real way to know if it was 3" or 3' of water in it. So my question was "what kind of damage did it have and what was done about it". He said nothing cosmetic, that it came to them in perfect cosmetic shape. Then stated this boat is now like new, He gave me a list of what was done to it. Unreal the amount of work and detail done on this boat. It seems they replaced everything, and at that with cigarette original parts. You guys should really contact this guy and wait for a responce before making comments. I would bet this boat is now nicer than most any boat that is the age of this one.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MIAMIRACER305
I got a responce from the seller, they explained to me from the top to bottom what the deal is with it. Most of you may not understand what marine products mean but here it is "resists salt water, battery acid, oil, gasoline and ultra-violet radiation". They did state it was bought through an auction, they did state that it did take on some water, they also stated that there is no real way to know if it was 3" or 3' of water in it. So my question was "what kind of damage did it have and what was done about it". He said nothing cosmetic, that it came to them in perfect cosmetic shape. Then stated this boat is now like new, He gave me a list of what was done to it. Unreal the amount of work and detail done on this boat. It seems they replaced everything, and at that with cigarette original parts. You guys should really contact this guy and wait for a responce before making comments. I would bet this boat is now nicer than most any boat that is the age of this one.
I am a long time Ebay user and DID contact this seller, a couple of times, I have not heard back.....

Bottom line, if you are selling a high ticket item, on Ebay or some where else, you should damn well know the details or find out.....

It is nice that they "fixed" the boat, but what did they actually fix and why...?

Far too many sellers of boats stick their heads in the sand when selling IMHO.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.