Need help on this guys >

Need help on this guys

Notices

Need help on this guys

Old 02-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joe27baja
I looked for the TRS to Bravo boxes for a while and could not find any. The only set I could find was at Victory Marine and Little Bill wanted 4 times what he paid for them, so with the sale of my TRS drives and buying the ones I have now and along with having the transom closed in, I still come out cheaper than spending my money at Victory Marine.

Hi Joe,
This is Scot at Victory Marine. I could not let this false remark go by without saying something.

HOW CAN YOU RIGHTFULLY SAY THAT VICTORY WANTED 4 TIMES WHAT WE PAID FOR THEM WHEN YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT WE PAID FOR THEM.

We purchased these TRS extension boxes directly from Stellings when they got out of the business.
There were 8 of them. We purchased these units as a way to provide options to our existing customers. As most of you know Stellings was really proud of their products pricewise.(it was a quality product though)

I believe Stellings price on these was $2500 for the extension box, the driveshaft/flywheel mount, and the internal pillar bearing that the bravo shaft fits into. We priced these @ $2100 each and $1800 each if purchased with a bravo drive and transom. Based on what you stated we paid $525 for each of these.
That's absolutely ridiculous.

With the last 8 of these on the planet some businesses would really try to gouge people. That is not our way. We offer some of the most competitive pricing out there. There are many offshore only members that will back this up.

Too often a lynch mob mentality is started on online forums by the posting of untrue statements. I know this because I am have been the webmaster/owner of The Donzi Registry forums since 1997. I have worked in the boating industry since 2005. Joe, I am not posting this to get into an online pissing match with you. I only want to set the record straight.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by cigrocket
If you are only going to be shooting for 70 in the top gun. the TRS's are pretty much bullet proof. Not to mention you could pick up a spare drive pretty cheap, been seeing them around the swap shop. I ran 675 HP through TRS's without any trouble in my Mistress for 90 hours.
I have to agree....

TRS parts are not that hard to get at all... and they live longer then Bravos in heavy boats... nice smooth transmissions...

I guess this is my opinion but oh well... not my money or boat..

1- boat value sucks no matter what drives it has... they are getting older so it really does not matter that much when you are talking the money spent to change it all around the loss is the same at the end and ya did tons of work..

2- The cost of doing conrad conversion on a older boat is insane UNLESS you plan to have huge power and die with that boat, otherwise the cost and value of the boat you can buy one done...

3- I see no reson to put a weaker drive on a boat for no good reason.... I know there are plenty of them that have not had issues but there sure are plenty that do smoke drives a lot...

Personally I have had nothing but grreat luck with my big, heavy, deep TRS's, same goes for many friends around me with TRS boats 400-600 HP... I could not imagine putting Bravos on my heavy Mistress... no way..

Like I said, my opinion, it's your boat and if you are into the project go for it, I see many projects like this on Ebay a year later because it cost too much in the end or things got messed up, to me changing all that kind of stuff should be done by people that have done it many times, too much measuring needs to be just right...
Old 02-17-2013, 06:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You sold a few of the sets (some to friends of mine) for $1, 800.... and then some for $2, 500. I know of another guy that picked up a pair from you for $3, 900..... by the time Bill got down to that last set he wanted $4, 800... I dont ever remember talking to you Scott but little Bill everytime...

Last edited by joe27baja; 02-17-2013 at 07:18 AM.