Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Diamond in the rough or turd in a pasture? >

Diamond in the rough or turd in a pasture?

Notices

Diamond in the rough or turd in a pasture?

Old 01-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 3,015 Likes on 987 Posts

If they pay you to haul it off it's a diamond!

With a free boat you'll only be into that thing for like 50k!!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rebuilding boats is my absolute favorite thing to do next to running them I have been all over the country buying boats and parts for my projects. I have completed some and sold some in different stages. I have made money and lost a little. Still I never regretted doing them its what keeps me going. If some one builds a 57 chevy and sinks 100 grand into it every one thinks its cool but whats it worth to any one but him maybe half? or builds a race car for 50.000 whats it worth when he sells it?
If I put 50,000 into this Bullet most would say im crazy why? It is what I love to do and to me its my 57 chevy or my race car. I like to call it my water hot rod but im not going to sit at a parking lot in a lawn chair waiting for people to look at it or wait all day at a race track to make maybe 3 passes even though I have done both its what I want to do and spend my money on.
Its funny how people will make comments on how much you spend on a boat I dont know why.
just my 2 cents no offence to anyone.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
well, my .02 since I have done it for years..... with lots of wheeling and dealing you can put a boat together cheap, 9/10 people can't....

I did it a few times, do it with cars all the time and a couple boats... it can be done right if your smart about it...

I bought a huge pile of boat parts a few years ago, everyone said it was all garbage, I more then doubled my money, kept 8000+ worth of parts for myself to build my own boat, so for me that was making money and free parts.....its all about the deals!!
Tim your so right You have one of the coolest boats around for 1 tenth of what most people spend. you still owe me a ride LOL
Old 01-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Registered

ok here is how she looks after two days of scrubbing with bleach.
Attached Thumbnails Diamond in the rough or turd in a pasture?-20121202_073919.jpg   Diamond in the rough or turd in a pasture?-20121202_075042.jpg  
Old 01-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Registered

this boat dont even need painted just some buff and touch up
Attached Thumbnails Diamond in the rough or turd in a pasture?-20121202_075117.jpg   Diamond in the rough or turd in a pasture?-20121201_114818.jpg   Diamond in the rough or turd in a pasture?-20121201_114857.jpg  

Old 01-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by 2manyprojcts
Rebuilding boats is my absolute favorite thing to do next to running them I have been all over the country buying boats and parts for my projects. I have completed some and sold some in different stages. I have made money and lost a little. Still I never regretted doing them its what keeps me going. If some one builds a 57 chevy and sinks 100 grand into it every one thinks its cool but whats it worth to any one but him maybe half? or builds a race car for 50.000 whats it worth when he sells it?
If I put 50,000 into this Bullet most would say im crazy why? It is what I love to do and to me its my 57 chevy or my race car. I like to call it my water hot rod but im not going to sit at a parking lot in a lawn chair waiting for people to look at it or wait all day at a race track to make maybe 3 passes even though I have done both its what I want to do and spend my money on.
Its funny how people will make comments on how much you spend on a boat I dont know why.
I agree, I can spend little by little as I want to, and even with mine now, I can spend whatever I want, taking a loan and buying one someone else did is easy, its building them the way you want them is the fun!!

I see people buy older Cigs and such for 30-50,000 and then restore them to their liking, and now they have 100,000 in it, so hows that any different...??

I cant wait to see this boat done, I have crawled all over that bullet at the shop, its rock solid all over... better platform then most boat projects from the 80's!!

And I am in my Mistress for less then what I can buy one for thats for sure...

Last edited by Full Force; 01-05-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

are you gonna mail back the trailer plate??
Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I have a very similar take...i don't play golf, softball, nor hunt. working on boats/ and using them is my stress relief "most of the time" good luck with the project. I look forward to following the progress. Tom

Last edited by tomtbone1993; 01-05-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 3,015 Likes on 987 Posts

ok here is how she looks after two days of scrubbing with bleach.
dayum!!! That's night and day difference already!

Dude, seriously, if you love to work on your stuff and have the skill set to do so then why the hell not do it!

Me? I have no patience or skills for it.

so, what'd you pay for the hull?
Old 01-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 49 Posts

Night and day difference for sure, looks great! Can't wait to see the restoration unfold. It would be interesting to know the full history of the boat from new. Wish I was able to control my OCD enough to tackle projects like this!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.