American Muscle III

Notices

American Muscle III

Old 01-18-2013, 09:52 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Two sales techniques...

1.) List it high. Way higher then 1 & 2 sold for. But wait it's a better boat. Then continue this logic. A few years later think, the market will come back, a couple years later dump it for practically nothing. But you do get the fun of storing and maintaining it. Along with the once in awhile serious buyer to play with.

2.) It needs listed for 269K. Then hope to get 225K.
And end up at or slightly below 200K.

But what do I know....

Last edited by BraceYourself; 01-18-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They would be lucky if they got 200k out of it. That asking price is a joke. That boat has been through the wringer.. It's been wet, fell off a trailer, God knows what else. There's a reason the interior has been replaced. I saw AMIII at TNT right after we had AMII delivered to there. Couldn't believe the poor condition it was in, the boat had been rode hard and put away wet, literally. And thats not a CMI exhaust system, it looks like Stainless Marine, not that there's anything wrong with that, but the add is wrong. I'll stop there...
Old 01-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by tim mccray
They would be lucky if they got 200k out of it. That asking price is a joke. That boat has been through the wringer.. It's been wet, fell off a trailer, God knows what else. There's a reason the interior has been replaced. I saw AMIII at TNT right after we had AMII delivered to there. Couldn't believe the poor condition it was in, the boat had been rode hard and put away wet, literally. And thats not a CMI exhaust system, it looks like Stainless Marine, not that there's anything wrong with that, but the add is wrong. I'll stop there...
Old 01-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 3,010 Likes on 987 Posts

Soooooo basically what I'm reading is this boats overpriced by 200k, the ad has integrity issues and the boat has some untold but not unknown history. Hmmmm. Good luck on the sale.

Last edited by thisistank; 01-18-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Soooooo basically what I'm reading is this boats overpriced by 200k, the ad has integrity issues and the boat has some untold but not unknown history. Hmmmm. Good luck on the sale.
You and I were both standing next to Elway on the dock in Key West when it was taking on water up the stringers. Wasn't it you that said "Hey, you might want to turn the bilge pumps on"? Then it was all over the net when that thing fell off the trailer, onto the road, and I think that was down in the Keys as well. And who knows what all happened after that. When I saw it at TNT in October, I almost didn't recognize it. Boat's had a hard life, just saying.. And to have a dealer ask that kind of price and talk about how "clean" it is?? How can you post an ad like that and think people aren't going to talk? What did they just spend 100k on? Besides the interior and a new exhaust system? When was the last time the engines, tannys and drives were gone through? Good luck on that one...
Old 01-18-2013, 10:45 PM
Registered

You and I were both standing next to Elway on the dock in Key West when it was taking on water up the stringers. Wasn't it you that said "Hey, you might want to turn the bilge pumps on"? Then it was all over the net when that thing fell off the trailer, onto the road, and I think that was down in the Keys as well. And who knows what all happened after that. When I saw it at TNT in October, I almost didn't recognize it. Boat's had a hard life, just saying.. And to have a dealer ask that kind of price and talk about how "clean" it is?? How can you post an ad like that and think people aren't going to talk? What did they just spend 100k on? Besides the interior and a new exhaust system? When was the last time the engines, tannys and drives were gone through? Good luck on that one...
Yes, I do believe that was me.

At least Kelly was nice enough to buy Elway a drink while watching his boat nearly sink.

Heard it had an issue at a dock once too. Something about sitting nearly sideways in the water....
Old 01-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Registered

lol She did buy those guys a drink John and the guy in the bilge.... I don't even know if the current owner/owners even know about that.

Ahhh.. Good times, good times..
Old 01-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Registered

lol She did buy those guys a drink John and the guy in the bilge.... I don't even know if the current owner/owners even know about that.

Ahhh.. Good times, good times..
Hey, I have a photo of it!! GREAT TIMES!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Registered

Anyone know where AMI went and how much?? Looks like its sold.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Anyone know where AMI went and how much?? Looks like its sold.
don't know, but that ones ugly too, I hate the dash layout in that boat.... I cannot believe how much better AMII looked over both the others..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.