2002 Gladiator

Notices

2002 Gladiator

Old 01-23-2013, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2002 Gladiator

Hey Guys!

I was just checking out the 2002 Gladiator just listed in the classifieds, looks like a nice piece! Anyone know the history of the boat? Any idea what kind of top speed you would get out of a pair of whippled/rebuilt 500EFI's?

What are the drawbacks/advantages to a "sit down" boat?

Thanks!
Michael

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o49533-en.html
Old 01-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 120 Likes on 48 Posts

Nice Glad....wish the wife would consider one as i love them. She doesn't mind the sit down but wishes it at least had a mini cabin of some sort. Wish they would redo the 36 with a std cockpit config and little basic cabin. Beautiful boat! I'm not sure on speed but I'd ass-u-me 100ish + with that set up.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 2,945 Likes on 978 Posts

That's Joe Bacas personal boat. He's a very well respected mechanic in So-Cal that merged with Pfaff motors a couple years ago. http://www.bacamarine.com/

I've seen the boat in person a few times in Havasu and it is defintately clean. I'm not a huge fan of the blazé paint but at 95k with that power on a myco and maintained by a well respected mechanic/owner, its a smokin deal.

Last edited by thisistank; 01-23-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought it was a really good deal too, and I actually don't mind the graphics, but, as Hossman pointed out, the lack of any cabin IS a bit of drawback.

Tank: what's your thoughts on a "sit down" boat? I know you have ridden in or driven pretty much anything that floats and would appreciate your input!

Thanks Tank and Hossman, it's appreciated!

Michael
Old 01-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 2,945 Likes on 978 Posts

Originally Posted by n20michael
I thought it was a really good deal too, and I actually don't mind the graphics, but, as Hossman pointed out, the lack of any cabin IS a bit of drawback.

Tank: what's your thoughts on a "sit down" boat? I know you have ridden in or driven pretty much anything that floats and would appreciate your input!

Thanks Tank and Hossman, it's appreciated!

Michael
I've ridden in a few glads. Some people swear by them, others don't. Its definately made for a very small market. It's a sports car. The finish and performance of the glads is awesome. They're a kick to drive and I would actually consider buying one if they weren't so damn impractical. Offshore boats aren't practical to start with but a sit down, no cabin boat just compounds that. I also don't like that they take the freedom of standing or sitting such as you get in a conventional offshore boat. But then again, 99.9% of cats are sit down and they're obviously popular. And that brings up another point; if you're going to buy a cabinless, sit down boat - might as well buy a cat that will be faster with equal power/set up which I think is what kills the resale.

But even with those negative aspects, 95k OBO for this boat is a great buy! The last one that went for that cheap was not even close to this well cared for (the all white glad).
Old 01-24-2013, 08:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

If you want to take a boat to lunch or just want to go for a cruise, the Gladiator is awesome. But, just like a Lambo, it is not the most family friendly vehicle/boat. Its not for everyone, but doesn't need to be.
And, imagine, the seller of that 02 thinking he has the nicest and cleanest Glad around. Maybe around his yard.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

nice ride. no cabin just means one less thing to update in few years.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:42 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BDiggity
nice ride. no cabin just means one less thing to update in few years.
And one less thing to break.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by stormrider
and one less thing to break.
+1
Old 01-24-2013, 06:27 PM
SVT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
If you want to take a boat to lunch or just want to go for a cruise, the Gladiator is awesome. But, just like a Lambo, it is not the most family friendly vehicle/boat. Its not for everyone, but doesn't need to be.
And, imagine, the seller of that 02 thinking he has the nicest and cleanest Glad around. Maybe around his yard.
Cleanest honours goes to your gladiator. As for the best around I've always liked the one Phil did up with the 700s.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.