Fast Gladiator

Notices

Fast Gladiator

Old 08-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Joe,

I have a new pair of 32's. What are they worth?
Old 08-08-2013, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by trannyjoe
my will hit the water this week new motors 555 w/ whipples still need to change props I have the old 4 blade 32 for now will need help there just a place to start.....I will take all the help I can this prop thing is over my head
Originally Posted by trannyjoe
still have the xr drives and did not dyno the motors just had know time will hit the water this week with 500 efi and 4 blade 32 I ran 85
How much boost? FYI, those XR drives will be toast in a heartbeat with this power. They will not come even remotely close to standing up to that power. If you're smart you should sell those XR drives while they're still good (have value) and bolt on a complete set of Imco SCX drives. I would also suggest going to the SCX lowers with #6 shafts on this project. You're going to need the larger propshafts and #6 props.

No idea what you'll need for props until you can give us an idea what you think this will make for power, once we know this we can get you in the ballpark. Just taking a stab in the dark and saying these engines will make 900hp, the boat will run around 112-116 mph (depending on drive setup and height), so you'd need something like 35p or 36p props at that power level.

Until you swap out those drives, I'd leave some small props on it, this will extend the short life you'll have with the XR drives. Honestly, those things wont last long at all behind your new power... get them off the boat ASAP!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

going for a ride soon let you know ......looking at imco sc drives they look nice and Dave is good to deal with I got the power flow plus from him just need to get in the water summer is half goon you know New York