Notices

taking a road trip!!

Old 05-12-2013, 03:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This one?

Or this one?

Maybe this one?

Last edited by ESCOBAR; 05-12-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts
Thumbs up

none of the above, Northern Freshwater Boat. SpeedMasters and the right stuff! Pictures coming!!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

good morning everyone!! yesterday was a roller coaster for sure!! I will take it from the top...

sold my pantera last week.. made some calls on some top guns and narrowed the search down to the 92 that i posted a pic of initially. called the owner last sunday and said "im coming down saturday" ...ok good replied the selller

So my friend Kevin(cig92) and I leave buffalo NY at 2am fri night/sat morn. and set sail to Long Island. i was so excited words couldnt describe it. i reached my goal and was buying a TOP GUN!!

pull up in front of the house and was very quickly dissapointed. there were a lot of things that he "forgot" to tell me before i made the 8 hour trip. like the 3 foot spot in the port side that the paint is MISSING! the dock rash all down the stb side, lets just say there was more than just a few chips in the platform that was pulling away from the transom and the lag screws were falling out. cockpit needed complete replacement-gauges-seats every trim piece. and the list goes on and on from there. the boat was terribly misrepresented cosmetically. as for the mechanicals. they did look pretty good besides needing 1 sea pump impeller.

i think larry goldman should contact the selller and get some detailed pics so he knows what he is actually brokering!!

so now im doing hot laps walking up and down the street trying to get my blood pressure down. i start making some phone calls to other top guns and i made a few cash offers to see where the road trip was going to lead me next. i had cash in hand and was not going home til i had a boat! Kev and i decide to go grab lunch and figure out our next move.
Attached Thumbnails taking a road trip!!-023.jpg   taking a road trip!!-024.jpg  
Old 05-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Registered

and then ????
Old 05-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Registered

So sitting at lunch and i get a reply to a text message from a gentleman that I knew lived in long island. come to find out the boat is only 10 min away from the first beauty i looked at. he is working but agreed to meet me around 2 in the afternoon. we go to lunch and then take a drive around the area checking out some beatuiful homes and such to kill a little time.

phone rings. the owner is home from work and we head over. go out back to find a boat wrapped up in a full cover hidden under a lean-to next to his garage. take a walk around the back of the boat and pulled the corner of the cover back. the boat was BEAUTIFUL. the owner had no idea i was coming and had no time to "prepare" the boat for a showing. we discussed price and came to a agreement. uncovered the boat completely and looked if over from bow light to prop nuts and i couldnt find 1 thing to complain about. the boat was so well preservde it looks like it was taken out of a time capsule.

its a 1987 kevlar cigarette HAWK edition. the boat has 50 hours on a pr of Mel Riggs 572ci 750's, hubers, and speedmaster #3 drives
Attached Thumbnails taking a road trip!!-031.jpg   taking a road trip!!-037.jpg   taking a road trip!!-033.jpg  

taking a road trip!!-034.jpg   taking a road trip!!-035.jpg   taking a road trip!!-036.jpg  

taking a road trip!!-038.jpg   taking a road trip!!-039.jpg  
Old 05-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Contests very nice boat did you sleep in it last night lol that cabin looks awesome. You will be wanting to upgrade in a year, correct? I might know someone who would like to have THAT. Lol. Good job Tim and congrats again.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Nice story and appears to be a great find.
ed
Old 05-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great buy....Welcome to the family....she a beauty..
Old 05-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Registered

Wow she looks really clean, great find man and glad it all worked out for you!
Old 05-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Registered

Just got home. Took the wifey to go see it for the first time. She can't believe it. She loves the boat which makes my life a lot easier lol. 37 and rain with 20 mph wind so gonna have to wait to take it out for a rip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.