Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
taking a road trip!! >

taking a road trip!!

Notices

taking a road trip!!

Old 05-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

thanks for all the great compliments guys. its been a long time in the making but i finally got my dream boat. i had a great time with my pantera 28's over the last few years and i still have the 6 pack for now. they are top notch boats for their size too. now i just need it to warm up here in buffalo. 37 deg today just doesnt cut it... Lake Ontario had the proper waves tho. if it wasnt freezing raining today i was considering launching it. but looks like im gonna have to wait til mid week or so

Tim
Old 05-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Registered

i dug up some a few old posts from the previous owner and found some history of the boat.....

"In regard to your thread #24, I currently own the 1987 Cigarette Hawk featured in the Forbes "Best of the Best" magazine.

It was the factory media boat which appeared in brochures. Don Aronow sold it to Jeff Friedman who sold it to Jack Gill of Gill Marine. Jack sold it to a Mr. Jerry Meyers in Cleveland, OH who relocated the boat to Michigan. I bought it from Jerry Meyers, I believe in 1996. The hull has less than 200 hrs. on it since NEW. The engines each have 5.3 hrs. on them since NEW!!

I have tastefully and elegantly updated the boat with new 572 cu in engines, custom built by Mel Riggs in Fond du Lac, WI area. The boat originally came with Hawk 540's but with Crower rods and crank. All the best goodies are in the engines now with Carillo rods, Callies crank, Crane roller rockers, J&E pistons, DART heads and intake and a Holley 1150 double pumper. SSMIII drives overhauled. New CMI exhaust fitted with Northstar exhaust tips, due to noise level restrictions. But, plenty of power though and still a good exhaust note. Almost as nice as my Ferraris.

Painted the old flat black dash white to match the hull with new Gaffrig gauges and a custom Team Marine dash (OEM for Cigarette), all appropriate gauging location as it was in 1987. White gauges with yellow bezels, as an accent to match the paint theme. I changed out the engine cover pad with a new one featuring the Cigarette logo, as you can see by the photos. Again, tastefully updated.

Original light grey leather interior with many, many little leather pillows, as this was THE show boat of the day for Cigarette!! Original bolsters and original hull paint and graphics. Hawk logo is beautifully airbrushed, as original. The whole boat is in mint condition and has lived in a climate controlled airplane hangar with a Dassualt Falcon 10 corporate jet since my ownership, except when it was getting the new engines fitted and dash redone.

Target trailer is still original with (7) new tires and wheel bearings."
Old 05-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Great story and great find Congrats.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Cool story, nice to see you found an excellent replacement. Congrats
Old 05-13-2013, 05:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

So many boats are a 10 in the ad and a 2 when you get there. Congratulations on finding one kept as they should be kept. I like the Speedmasters.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:52 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Great find. Looks very clean. It was meant to be

Mark
Old 05-13-2013, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by 88bullet
thanks for all the great compliments guys. its been a long time in the making but i finally got my dream boat. i had a great time with my pantera 28's over the last few years and i still have the 6 pack for now. they are top notch boats for their size too. now i just need it to warm up here in buffalo. 37 deg today just doesnt cut it... Lake Ontario had the proper waves tho. if it wasnt freezing raining today i was considering launching it. but looks like im gonna have to wait til mid week or so

Tim
Kind of like the weather we took mine out last year for a shakedown after the rerig on Ontario. Mid week, is looking good. Looks like everything worked out
Old 05-13-2013, 08:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gorgeous boat! Cognrats Tim, can't wait to see it this summer!
Old 05-13-2013, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Congrats Tim great looking boat. I have seen pictures of that boat over the years and it still looks amazing . You are going to love it . We will need more pictures though. As for No 3 parts don't worry Gary Kolofski who goes by RPRRam on the board here is remanufacturing all the parts us No 3,4, and 5 drive owners might needs except for cases. My 1985 Flat Deck was a hawk boat but after a year of listening to my kids asking me why I had a turkey painted on the side of my boat I removed it. Probably put it back on one day.
Welcome to the family . If you ever make up to Lake Ontario be sure to look us up.
Rick G.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:44 AM
Registered

rick im 30 miles from you straight across the lake in Wilson NY. im just not allowed in canada tho. dwi when i was younger.. we boat in the lower niagara river quite a bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.