One thing leads to another, SixGun >

One thing leads to another, SixGun

Notices

One thing leads to another, SixGun

Old 08-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes that was me at the Fort Island ramp, tested the gauges on the river yesterday. Pulled out this morning.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:21 PM
mmb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Buddy couple questions for you! Did you use the same plug in trans with your #6 as you did with Konrads? I have 1450 11 clutch trans now... Will those work if I switch to #6?

Also how much higher do you think my engines will move? I have SSM 3A (Konrad PRS III Conversion) any ideas??
Old 08-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

The transmissions are the same, however the tail stocks must change To #6 plug in or close couple. They are very expensive so shop wisely. About 6 k each. The gimbal / transom assembles must be close couple also. Drive lines style will not work in a Top Gun. The engines will only move about 2 inches up, but because the 6 is so short, the entire transom must be replaced, or layer filled and made into a blank slate. It's all in the thread . I would only use a Dry Sump 6, because it is a lot of work and expense. Don't forget the new tailpipes, and finding the right props at 10 k per set is a pain in the a$$ I still am looking for 17.75 x 33 x 18 rake, 5 blades.

Did you come to crystal river? I was away last weekend but MRPs staggered Top Gun was on the river.

Last edited by Zero Patience; 08-19-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero Patience
The transmissions are the same, however the tail stocks must change To #6 plug in or close couple. They are very expensive so shop wisely. About 6 k each. The gimbal / transom assembles must be close couple also. Drive lines style will not work in a Top Gun. The engines will only move about 2 inches up, but because the 6 is so short, the entire transom must be replaced, or layer filled and made into a blank slate. It's all in the thread . I would only use a Dry Sump 6, because it is a lot of work and expense. Don't forget the new tailpipes, and finding the right props at 10 k per set is a pain in the a$$ I still am looking for 17.75 x 33 x 18 rake, 5 blades.

Did you come to crystal river? I was away last weekend but MRPs staggered Top Gun was on the river.
Basically you're much further ahead just buying a #6 boat rather than trying to convert to one! I have a nice 37 OL with dry sump 6's sans power I'm willing to sell if you're looking, haha!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:39 AM
Registered

just got my boat in the water after rebuild the pain goes away fast just don't look back yes you will be happy
Old 08-20-2013, 02:17 PM
mmb
Registered

Originally Posted by Zero Patience

Thanks for the info! These Konrads are actually working pretty good right now! Just want to start researching this stuff before I change them. We put in at New Port Richie by Joe and ran around there.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:20 PM
mmb
Registered

Originally Posted by SS930
Basically you're much further ahead just buying a #6 boat rather than trying to convert to one! I have a nice 37 OL with dry sump 6's sans power I'm willing to sell if you're looking, haha!
lol I'm actually having a debate with Joe @ Fast Forward about what drives will be cheaper to switch too... Arneson or #6. I like the Arneson and Joe wants me to put 6's on. We are gathering info and will decide what direction we will go with the boat after we look at all the costs involved!!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:23 PM
mmb
Registered

Originally Posted by trannyjoe
just got my boat in the water after rebuild the pain goes away fast just don't look back yes you will be happy
Amen brother!! First time it hits the water all day you start figuring out what you can spend money on next!!