in the water at last >

in the water at last

Notices

in the water at last

Old 08-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Trannyjoe I have to agree with SS930 sell those XR's while they are together. I had people fighting over mine. The torque of that blower motor plus your X dimension will destroy that top gear. Speaking of high X dimension talk to the other Gladiator owners about spacers. I added a 1" spacer in my Tiger this year and has lowered my slip numbers increased speed and cruise and the boat handles much better. Going with the IMCO SCX lowers and #6 prop shafts are nice but it is expensive. If you want to save some money you can talk to Dave at Imco about using your XR lowers. Don't forget changing to the Imco SCX uppers requires a helmet change as well as the new lube bottles. After selling your current drives it is an affordable upgrade that is probably in line with replacing a new XR should blow one apart.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

Love my SCXs- almost 750 hp.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
As I told you in the other thread...

"those XR drives will be toast in a heartbeat with this power. They will not come even remotely close to standing up to that power. If you're smart you should sell those XR drives while they're still good (have value) and bolt on a complete set of Imco SCX drives. I would also suggest going to the SCX lowers with #6 shafts on this project. You're going to need the larger propshafts and #6 props.

No idea what you'll need for props until you can give us an idea what you think this will make for power, once we know this we can get you in the ballpark. Just taking a stab in the dark and saying these engines will make 900hp, the boat will run around 112-116 mph (depending on drive setup and height), so you'd need something like 35p or 36p props at that power level.

Until you swap out those drives, I'd leave some small props on it, this will extend the short life you'll have with the XR drives. Honestly, those things wont last long at all behind your new power... get them off the boat ASAP!"
DITTO

I went from 600hp to 760hp with my 600 sci and blew my xr drive to junk in less than 4 hours, Get them off now while you have value versus scrap metal, i put a new scx upper with a sc lower , 40 hours later no problems at all 92mph at 5800 rpm , had to reprop due to the difference with the sc lower versus the xr lower but not looking over my shoulder anymore waiting for the drive to blow.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Yep at least the xr's are worth something right now. Sucks to dump all that money into imco's right now but at least the xr's can offset about $6,000 of the cost. After they break there worth about $1,000 maybe...
Old 08-14-2013, 11:31 AM
Registered

just need to get out there and run the boat still need to take it easy on the motors
Old 08-16-2013, 08:06 AM
mmb
Registered

Lets see some pictures!! Load them to photobucket and post the link!